There is NOTHING logical about my jitter in Vista.

Default There is NOTHING logical about my jitter in Vista.

Okey, so I used to run a lappy with 1.8 ghz duo, 2 gb ram and Echo Audiofire2 in XP and I could run Traktor 3.2 without ANY problems, no jitter, EVER.

I hate Vista, I really loath it but for some reason I can't install XP on it, when I boot up with the original XP cd it says I don't have a hard drive to install on, which... ehm, I do.

Back to my problem.

So I'm running Vista now on a 2.1 ghz, 4 ram and same Echo Audiofire2. I have deactivated ALL flashy graphics in the settings and I'm down to the square basics of Win 98/XP visually.

Now, logical thinking would suggest that my software would run equally smooth at the very least as with my old lappy but here's the kicker...

Sometimes when I run the system brand new started, shutting down WiFi, Virusprotection and any other background thing it jitters. It comes and it goes as it pleases. Then I can sometimes run the laptop with internet running, virus protection, browser, torrents downloading, MSN, Skype etc and I don't get a single jitter.

There is absolutely nothing logical about this.

Can anyone think of a reason why a computer would behave this way besides stating the fact that Vista is a poopie head?
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Who said Vista was logical.

Could it be that this is only after you have just started up your machine, or is it at anytime?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

haha... as stupid as that may sound it actually sounds logical

I'll keep it in mind as I go along, but my XP lappy is SO coming with me as a backup for tonights show.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Hi there,

If you want to run XP on your laptop, you will need to create a custom boot cd with drivers added for your hard drive.

I had the same problem with my laptop, I downloaded a tweaked XP SP3 iso with integrated sata drivers and it installed perfectly.

Hope that helps,

Rj

That sounds very interesting. I have the drivers on a CD for my new lappy and I know where to find them. I will google and see what I can find as far as creating such a custom boot cd.

I'd prefer not to download OS software, I'm to paranoid for that stuff.

I think the software in called XPlite or winlite, or something along those lines, when I am back from work I will find out for you.

Rj

Vista really needs to be tweaked to get the maximum performance out of it.
    Especially if you want to do audio/video with it.

I would recommend you to Google how to tweak it, or for starters, get a copy of Vista Smoker Pro 2
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

julio: As soon as Win7 drops next year I'll be on that wagon straight away, so if I can, I'd prefer to have XP on this machine so it can run decently.

I will check out the software you mentioned though, thanks.

And thanks RJ.

http://www.nliteos.com/

That was what I used. Good luck.

Remember to back up!

Cheers,

Rj

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

This is the tool you need for working out which one of your drivers is causing the problem, deactivate and reactivate your drivers one by one so you can find out which drivers causing the error. You can from there upgrade the driver to see if that fixes the problem or just leave it disactivated.