What's the most important features to look for on a new laptop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's the most important features to look for on a new laptop

I have an Acer laptop at the minute, and i find it works well with traktor. But my other laptop broke and im due to get it replaced anytime now, so i want to know which features do i need to really look at more than others, i know i want one with at least 4g ddr3 ram, and the higher the processor speed the better, i reckon il have a budget of around £500 to spend so no macbook pro for me lol..so hit me with your recomendations guys, this new laptop will solely be for traktor. Also if ive registered traktor already on this laptop, will i be able to put it on my new one too? or will i have to cantact NI and inform them? also i want maybe a 500gb hard drive to eliminate having to use an external hard drive, and i feel 500gb would be plenty...
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

OH SHIII
    [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell+Mini+10v&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a"]Dell Mini 10v - Google Search[/ame]

Then do this:
    http://gizmodo.com/5389166/how-to-ha...eopard-netbook

MPB for 300!!!! It'll run Traktor no problem. I don't know about Traktor alongside Ableton though...

sounds good, too small tho i think..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Really any 300-500 dollar laptop of criagslist ought to make traktor it's beezy. It's not very demanding. I'm sure you can find what you want there.

For Traktor, any average laptop will do, as far as CPU power is concerned. RAM: my guess is that 2 Gigs would be enough. More RAM can't hurt, and it's cheap.
    What's most important in my opinion is: Get something rugged. Any laptop that has something even slightly flimsy to it will break sooner or later, and chances are it will happen before or at a gig.
    I guess this is probably out of reach for now, but I also highly recommend to save some money for an SSD drive. Not so much for speed reasons, but because they're more or less vibration-resistant. It happened to me once that a DJ booth that was set up on a group of stage elements was vibrating so hard from the bass that the HD actually crapped out. Turntables were jumping all over the place, the only thing that worked reliably was the CDJs. Not a nice experience.

As far as the Traktor license is concerned, as far as I know you can install and register it on two computers, but you might want to contact NI anyway so they can delete the registration for the old computer.

As far as I am concerned it just takes a snapshot of a Device ID unique to your computer. Whether they encrypt it or not is beyond me, but I doubt there are any DJ/Hackers so I am willing to bet they dont. Try opening the offline registration file, or .nfg or whatever, with a binary decompiler and reading what it says. I am willing to bet I am write. In which case you can just copy and paste your device ID into the required field, upload, and then activate.
    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    senior citizen's attics, the garbage dump, swamps, underwater treasure chests, graveyards, hollowed out tree stumps, abandoned coal mines.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

a fruity glowing logo...jk

fast processor and check compatibility issues of the motherboard (integrated components as well). RAM and HDisk can be upgraded.

PS: DON'T GET A VAIO

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    OH SHIII
    Dell Mini 10v - Google Search

Then do this:
    http://gizmodo.com/5389166/how-to-ha...eopard-netbook

MPB for 300!!!! It'll run Traktor no problem. I don't know about Traktor alongside Ableton though...
    I have on of these. I got a refurbed Mini 10v from Dell for 220.00 and the Snow Leopard disk was 30 bucks. For 250.00 I have a neat little portable Macbook and Traktor Pro runs on it with NO issues at all. I've done a 4 hour set with it. Only downisde is that it takes a while to analyze tracks.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

anyone think that HP one i put a link to is any good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast