4 decks from S4 ~ audio to Ableton
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default 4 decks from S4 ~ audio to Ableton

I've looked all over to find a solution to this, but none are for Traktor Pro S4...

I want to send the audio of each deck in Traktor to Ableton Live using internal routing.

I've got JackPilot setup, and it's working fine for sending a stereo signal out... one stereo signal for all four decks. Instead I'm interested in sending a single (mono) track from each of the four decks to four separate input tracks in Ableton.

I've found tutorials that worked for previous versions of Traktor, but the options have changed in the new version; and render those tutorials useless for the S4.

Please tell me what I'm missing, or point me in the right direction.
    =Z

(ps - anyone interested in 'syncing' the two programs midi clocks should just look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xzldehIsCE ...that part I did get going, and it's fantastic.)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you need to set traktor to external, otherwise you just output the master. why not output stereo?

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/kontr...xing_mode.aspx

Tech Wizard

I haven't figured out how to output individual tracks from traktor to ableton, but I have something for the main output in traktor to ableton with full cue function. I posted in your other thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21609.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    you need to set traktor to external, otherwise you just output the master. why not output stereo?

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/kontr...xing_mode.aspx
    Thanks! I'd found another way to do that external hack in that very same forum, but it didn't work. This one did work but now their is a new issue (of course.)

Now I've got routing from all four decks to Live from Traktor (stereo, hehe) - but the signal is coming through Live with or without the volume faders up on the S4. In midi mode I tried assigning the faders to simply control live from the S4, but those midi signals only work while midi mode is on, NOT while I'm playing with the S4 in Traktor.

This set up is closer, but still unusable. Sorry I'm at a loss. Any ideas on how I can get this working properly?
    =Z

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Killa St.Louis View Post
    I haven't figured out how to output individual tracks from traktor to ableton, but I have something for the main output in traktor to ableton with full cue function. I posted in your other thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21609.
    Thanks a bundle, dude ~ I'll have a look

The S4 version of traktor doesn't allow for all 4 decks to be output, just master and cue i believe. Have to wait until Traktor Pro gets updated to S4 functionality. i'm waiting for the same thing.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    The S4 version of traktor doesn't allow for all 4 decks to be output, just master and cue i believe. Have to wait until Traktor Pro gets updated to S4 functionality. i'm waiting for the same thing.
    read the link I posted

the problem you are encountering is that traktor bypasses the internal mixer when it's set to external (happens in pro as well). I'm still waiting for my S4 so i can't really help (yet). there must be a way to force both signals run together or you are stuck with regular midi in traktor (unless you use a secondary controller for live)

We are one step closer

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    read the link I posted
    I read the post, but you don't have your S4 yet. If you did, you would realize that the Traktor S4 software doesn't have Internal/External output selection, but only internal. So, you could route the main audio, and the monitor audio, but not tracks separately like you could in Traktor Pro. However interestingly enough, you can change the FX unit to 4 FX units and have one as a send, but you don't have the ability to actually send it anywhere.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

the link posted by padi_04 explaines how to enable external mixing in S4 with a hack
    2 + 2 = 4

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    I read the post, but you don't have your S4 yet. If you did, you would realize that the Traktor S4 software doesn't have Internal/External output selection, but only internal. So, you could route the main audio, and the monitor audio, but not tracks separately like you could in Traktor Pro. However interestingly enough, you can change the FX unit to 4 FX units and have one as a send, but you don't have the ability to actually send it anywhere.

so how did zeburock get 4 decks into ableton then if rainerh's tip is useless?

Open the Preferences/Output Routing dialog.
    The Internal option is disabled. The little hack described in the previous section has enabled External mixing mode, even when the External check box is not visible.

Last edited by padi_04; 12-16-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast