Am i a bad DJ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i a bad DJ?

Tech Mentor

Default Am i a bad DJ?

Hello dear DJ TT,
    I just had what was supposed to be my first gig, it was an local charityconcert with some bands en stuff and DJ Remco (me ) to do the two hour afterparty and to play some rock etc. between the bands.
    But because of bad organisation there was nothing left of the after party where i was supposed to show my skills. And inbetween the bands it was just playing 'press play' DJ :S. But in the end, people liked the night. Am i a bad DJ?

Tech Guru

I don't understand why a crappy situation would be reflected on you or your skills as a DJ. You gave them what they wanted. If they had a bad time on your behalf only, then I would question.

Yes. We hate you because of things beyond your control. Bastard!
    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    senior citizen's attics, the garbage dump, swamps, underwater treasure chests, graveyards, hollowed out tree stumps, abandoned coal mines.

Don't feel bad bro'. Especially if it was a rock-(charity)gig you could have expected something like this woul happen.

Mainly because the crowd will be more in to rock, and not EDM.

This will not reflecton your 'skills', it just shows how poor the organization's skills are.
    Don't feel bad, this will probably happen again, just keep your focus on the 'other' gigs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Risc12 View Post
    Hello dear DJ TT,
    I just had what was supposed to be my first gig, it was an local charityconcert with some bands en stuff and DJ Remco (me ) to do the two hour afterparty and to play some rock etc. between the bands.
    But because of bad organisation there was nothing left of the after party where i was supposed to show my skills. And inbetween the bands it was just playing 'press play' DJ :S. But in the end, people liked the night. Am i a bad DJ?
    Wait... U didnt do ur DMC routine during the intermissions???? U didnt beat juggle and crab scratch??? Bad DJ, Very very Bad......

LOL JK!!!

dood thats one of those crappy gigs everyone gets, dont beat urself up over it. Espically since it was a rock gig, those people still listen to the same damn instrument making the same sounds for 50 years, they dont know what music is anyways...

Unless it was an all Pink floyd tribute show, then maybe they know a little.... but that just seems like an unlikly show... LOL
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Risc12 View Post
    Hello dear DJ TT,
    Pretty much!

Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Tech Guru

I used to do the sound for bands and provide music in between sound checks at a heavy metal club...not much you can do (or are expected to do) with that kind of music, i just used to stick on a playlist and focus on setting the band up.
    Then when i got my set at the end of the night, sometimes it would be rammed and i'd rock it properly, sometimes the bands + fans would all move on so i'd just do the same, playlist it or practice some skills for the 3 people left in the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Holy shit I pee'd myself.
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Djtom420 View Post
    dood thats one of those crappy gigs everyone gets, dont beat urself up over it. Espically since it was a rock gig, those people still listen to the same damn instrument making the same sounds for 50 years, they dont know what music is anyways...
    Are you fucking kidding me? Please. Ignorant people piss me off. They don't know music because they like rock? People like you are the reason dj's have such a bullshit elitist know it all reputation.

I'm a dj myself as well as a guitarist-singer/songwritter. and though i love the energy and texture of EDM, i sometimes feel it falls a little short compared to some other styles of music. Does that mean i don't know music?

jeez...
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast