I'm new to this. Suggestions/ criticisms please?
    Tech Student

Default I'm new to this. Suggestions/ criticisms please?

So i took my first stab at actually recording something i mixed. I feel like it came out alright but all of you may know better and have suggestions as to how i could improve.

Please and thank you!

Tech Student

Really any sort of commentary would be helpful. Even shut up and stop posting. At least then I know what i should be doing.

well its not actually the type of house i listen to myself but overall you didnt make any huge mistakes so pretty well mixed just keep on working and practice, your ear will develop to hear what sounds good just work on the timing, think there was point where you played male vocals together with female vocals, that works less than 1 times out of 10 without a careful planning and having the right tracks to do it with.. short vocal samples however work together pretty well like you did around 16 minutes

ive noticed that listening to your own mixes couple of times over a month or so is the best teacher.. normally after a short period of time youll notice every little mistake you made

Something more interesting for an intro, either an intro from a song, an FX buildip, or something. Day 'n' nite mix was pretty dope, although I would play with some cue juggling to make it a bit more obvious that it isn't just some remix you downloaded (and it's just cooler in general). Love the track at 25:30, the mix at 29:00.

Things I like in mixes, some don't like, but I do that I would have appreciated, some dramatic change in tempo like Ean used in his midi fighter mix, some unconventional or out of place vocals that really make the mix obvious, and possibly so drops or use of noise. Everything was pretty solid, although some more attention grabbing moments would be more appreciated, and sorry we didn't comment earlier, this area of the forum is dead most of the time, as most everyone here is just gear junkies.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Guru

I like it. Its a little crazy, a little all over the place but that's just you. Haha keep it up bro.

I like the track at 16:20 what is it?

Tech Student

Thank you all for the advice and support. It is greatly appreciated. Shame this area a bit of a dead zone though. Oh well. For Discotrick the track at 16:20 is Ramp It Up (HiJack Remix) - Groove Allegiance. For tyfurious the track coming in is Tetris - Electrixx and the one going out is Kick Clap Speaker - Ghostland Observatory. For anyone else curious there's a full track list on the soundcloud page. Thank you all once again.