Just inherited a buttload of Cash - What should I buy?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Just inherited a buttload of Cash - What should I buy?

So I just received a small fortune. The only thing I have right now are VCI 100s.

Obviously looking to pick some things up. What would you recommend?

Right now I am going to grab;

Alienware PC with upgraded Soundcard - This is a laptop BTW, not a tower PC
    Audio8 DJ
    S4
    DJM2000 - cancel out my need for Audio 8 I suppose
    Crane Stand

What else should I grab, I am rather new so I thought it'd be best to hear from you guys to assist me in grabbing some gear that would definitely help me out in my journey.
    Last edited by DeusExMachina; 12-17-2010 at 05:09 AM.

G R A P H I X S P E C I A L I S T
    PM FOR ANY GRAPHICAL NEED

s4'S? for a home setup i'de be looking at maybe a 4d and some technics or cdj's and or a nice little pioneer setup and by little i mean top of the line maybe an x1 tsp or serato aces i mean if you've got the money why not go large, not sure why the audio 4 with the s4 its abit counter productive, im guessing your abit of a gamer thats why the alienware pc imo id grab a macbook pro or a macbook but thats just me
    Last edited by DJMilk3y; 12-17-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMilk3y View Post
    s4'S? for a home setup i'de be looking at maybe a 4d and some technics or cdj's and or a nice little pioneer setup and by little i mean top of the line maybe an x1 tsp or serato aces
    if he's buying more than one S4 he'll probably need to invest in a new house as they are the size of a small boat!

Tech Wizard

You should hold a contest for djtechtools forum members with 6 letters in their username to win one of your s4s ... just a thought :-P

In seriousness, I would go with Traktor Scratch Pro, some Technics 1200s (boo cdjs), x1s, Maschine, and a mixer or two. Without DVS, I would go for the Allen & Heath 4D because that thing is a mountain of sex and a half. Then, cocaine parties either way.

:P their only abit bigger than a tt it fits very snuggy on my expedit

Tech Guru

1200's
    audio8
    sl3
    and a djm 2000....just because
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I don't know why I made S4 plural, I am only buying one haha. Also, I meant Audio 8 DJ.

I am looking to get into club gigs later on, are the S4 no good for this or do I have to by turntables?

I also should note I am more into controllerism and such. I am thinking of adding Maschine to my list as well.
    Last edited by DeusExMachina; 12-17-2010 at 04:59 AM.

Tech Wizard

You can use whatever you want, it's just clubs usually tend to have CDJs or turntables. Honestly, though, I've seen a lot of DJs bring a lot of different things, or use what's there, what have you. I would stick with what works best for you. The S4 would work fine in a club, although you have to keep in mind all the necessary wiring and cleaning up that needs to be done

a Macbook Pro.

You will need a portable computer.....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by NemSim View Post
    You can use whatever you want, it's just clubs usually tend to have CDJs or turntables. Honestly, though, I've seen a lot of DJs bring a lot of different things, or use what's there, what have you. I would stick with what works best for you. The S4 would work fine in a club, although you have to keep in mind all the necessary wiring and cleaning up that needs to be done
    I am worried a bit about this, as I have never mixed [or even attempted] with turntables or CDJs [which would be I good case in picking some up I guess] so with that said maybe I should get with the club standard.

In comment to my Alienware pickup; I do graphic design work as well and game, so it'd be a nice all around machine for me. In addition, I have never worked with a MAC, which would add to my already steep learning curve I have to overcome.

Edit: I am thinking I may grab This Deal
    Last edited by DeusExMachina; 12-17-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast