Traktor and serato destroyer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor and serato destroyer

Is mixxx upto the compertition. For all of you that dont know mixxx is an open source dj software for mac pc and linux. I 1st tryied it out a couple of years ago and it really wasnt upto much. I installed the latest version 1.9 and hey its getting there. It has better midi mapping than serato not as good as traktor. works with any timecode and works very well. majour problem is that there is a digital sound whilst scratching. Next is the themes dont fit my screen properly this wouldnt be to bad an issue to sort out add support for 2 more decks a sample deck add 20 effects and video dj support and this could take over. Also hi res midi support. this would allow controllers like the stanton scs 1d to reach their full potentil

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    majour problem is that there is a digital sound whilst scratching. Next is the themes dont fit my screen properly this wouldnt be to bad an issue to sort out add support for 2 more decks a sample deck add 20 effects and video dj support and this could take over. Also hi res midi support. this would allow controllers like the stanton scs 1d to reach their full potentil
    So... the thread title was a bit premature then

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    So... the thread title was a bit premature then
    +1

sounds like far from getting there to me

Tech Guru

Default hey

look how many people are now developing this program alot more than serato and NI put together a year and a half and i rekon we will see somthing ground breaking. Its premeture just didnt think many ppl would read it if i called this thread maybe a traktor serato killer in 2 years time

Tech Guru

Mixxx interests me, especially for the timecode support.

Mixxx was around in 2004, and I haven't seen that much development for it since then. It has some serious issues that–I think–are going to prevent it from taking over.

It's a really cool idea, and I'd love to see it take off, but I just don't think it's going to happen…certainly not any time soon.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    look how many people are now developing this program alot more than serato and NI put together a year and a half and i rekon we will see somthing ground breaking.

Like Linux?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

when the rep came on promoting the new release, i did actually check it out again. looked good. it was just unusable to me not being able to go fullscreen with it. shame really.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

To OP, i'm sure you have good intentions but i've been waiting for the "next big open source thing" since 1996. Stopped waiting around 2001.
    open source will never be competitive with commercial, period.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast