Traktor Pro - storing cue points

Default Traktor Pro - storing cue points

hey guys, i have a question about traktor pro: at traktor 3 i could save all my cue point and loop selections by right-clicking on the track and selecting "write tag". at traktor pro i can't find that selection. can someone maybe help me with this?
    also i wanted to ask if this changes are saved in the mp3s themselves so i can just copy my mp3s to another notebook? (i'm planning on buying a new macbook)

as far as i know you don't need to manually save your changes - tpro saves all you set up (cues, beatgrid) as soon as you lock the beatgrid and again when you close tpro.

and i also read somewhere that all the cue points and so on are stored directly in the mp3 file - if you send your file to a friend he should have all your cues, loops, ...
    but i'm not 100% sure, maybe one of the other guys can confirm this!

Send me something and I'll check if it has your cue points: b33son @gmail.com
    <-- Remove spaces.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Convert

so did it work?

i want to send my songs (with my own cue points) on traktor to another friends computer, on his traktor. is this possible?

SO basically, he could have all my cue points, and the beat grid should be mapped perfectly.

cue points are stored in the ID3 tags as far as I know.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Convert

so how can i send it to my friend?... i really don't know what an ID3 tag is. i just need to know how to transfer it

Quote Originally Posted by minhphams View Post
    so how can i send it to my friend?... i really don't know what an ID3 tag is. i just need to know how to transfer it
    ID3 tags are a kind of 'metadata' which is extra information about a file that is stored with it. In the case of mp3s, the metadata is things like track name, artist, etc. With mp3s the cues, beatgrid information etc are stored in the metadata so just sending someone the file you've been using in traktor will mean they receive all the traktor information with it. It'll be just as it was in your software.

The only caveat to this is things like uncompressed WAV files, which cannot contain metadata of that kind. But as long as you're using mp3s, you should be fine.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

wow, two and a half year old thread wooo
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall