Who uses other instruments to complement their DJing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Who uses other instruments to complement their DJing?

hi everyone. I DJ using Traktor and a BCD 3000, but I also produce a lot of music (mostly electro house) with my Korg ESX and Korg R3.

now, many times when I practice at home, I've started to incorporate the ESX and sometimes the R3 into my sets by either melodically playing along on the synth or by layering my own beats on top of the music I DJ. the only problem is that I still have sync'ing problems because Traktor's clock isn't that solid and it can't recieve.

once I get that sorted out though, I definitely want to take my ESX along with me on gigs. and eventually, when I have my EMX too, I want to get a custom flight case with my Macbook, BCD, ESX and EMX, and possibly a MIDI keyboard.

so who else uses other, independent gear to complement their DJing, and how?

i use my kaossilator to play over tracks in traktor.

I usually run it through MLR for live chopping on the monome.

I usually just manually tap the tempo of the kaossilator everytime.

fun time.

I cant wait to get my kaosilator personally. Otherwise I sometimes play guitar. You can always play your Iphone :-)

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/0...-your-i-phone/

Tech Convert

ah yes, I've been waiting for my Kaossilator too, for quite a while now. but Korg has real delivery problems in europe..
    Ean, do you play your guitar along to tracks you DJ, or separately?

Tech Mentor

hey guys i have kaossilators (NEW) for sale and i have 5 im looking for a good deal so i prob do like $170 each if anybody interested let me kno i also have a 2 NUMARK total Control (NEW)

Kaossilators are really cool!

Wat voor een omrekenkoers hanteer je Luigi?
    (Price in euros? )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

i use the kossolitor some time but i dont use a lot i dont kno whats the price in euros if u have a better offer i would ship to the netherlands cuz i live in miami

ahhhh... Okay... sorry, wasn't aware of that.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

Zo dat wat u doe betekent??
    En waar u uw naam van kreeg?? it sound kind asian
    actually it sound kooollll
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 05-07-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks.

It actually is Japanese. Karate has some katas that uses tekki in the name.

When checking the translation, it actually ment iron knight. Found that quite cool.
    Also I am into the technical aspects and tricks within music, so through "techy" that evolved into tekki.
    En ja, dan kom je erachter dat er ook een spel op de xbox tekki heet. (Steel batallion)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast