Traktor Pro Hotcue deleting on the fly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro Hotcue deleting on the fly.

Recently made the upgrade to Traktor Pro after a few years on virtualdj, and I'm loving it.

However, I'm currently mapping my launchpad, and I have a question about deleting hot cues I no longer need (as in live beatjuggling, where I set the cues on the fly)

I've found the 'delete hotcue' mapping, however, I need to set one mapping for each hotcue, meaning that killing hotcues is taking 8 buttons from my controller.

Is there any way to have a single button that I can hit and then hit along with the cue 1-8 buttons to delete that cue point without playing it? Or am I stuck using 8 seperate cue delete buttons?

Also, is there any possibility of more than 8 hot cues, just as an aside question. Many thanks for your help in advance. Also, Hello, I'm new here

Edit: because If I could set, say, 64 hotcues, I could just use the entire launchpad for hotcues and keep my transport functions on one of my other controllers, having the entire launchpad mapped just for beatjuggling would be pretty awesome
    Last edited by newg; 12-19-2010 at 05:49 PM.

map a modifier, then make it so that when that is on, your hotcue buttons now delete that same hotcue

so:
    button 1 is hot cue 1
    button 2 is hot cue 2
    and button 3 is your modifier (shift key)

now when you map the delete buttons you tell traktor that when m1=1 button 1 deletes hot cue 1

so now when you hold down your modifier it activates this second layer of functions (you can set this to toggle, but then you might delete them without wanting to)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Filterkat

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    map a modifier, then make it so that when that is on, your hotcue buttons now delete that same hotcue

so:
    button 1 is hot cue 1
    button 2 is hot cue 2

now when you map the delete buttons you tell traktor that when m1=1 button 1 deletes hot cue 1

so now when you hold down your modifier it activates this second layer of functions (you can set this to toggle, but then you might delete them without wanting to)

+1... i set mine to hold also, and then also have another modifier which switches the hotcues between deck A/B and C/D. then you can just use the same modifier for deleting them.

EDIT: but im sure with a launchpad you have enough buttons to assign all the hotcues for all the decks

so:
    button 1 is hot cue 1
    button 2 is hot cue 2

cheers, giving this a go now, I knew it had to be possible

good luck. if you cant figure it out ill fire up traktor and give more detailed instructions
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

@ your other question, im sure your only limited to 8 Cues
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Disappointing, but if i can get this sorted, 8 should be enough

good luck. if you cant figure it out ill fire up traktor and give more detailed instructions
    I've got it working, kinda.

I can get the modifier to delete the hotcues, however the cues are now played as i'm del;eting them, which is no good.

My initial thought was that I hadn't told the mapping NOT to play it while the modifier was pressed, so I went through my 'select set/store hotcue' mappings and set m1=0 on them all, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. however, I'm pretty sleepy, so I could be missing something simple.

I'll give it another look tomorrow, I'm sure I'm just missing something silly.

cheers for all your help.

Filterkat

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    correct... sorta... 8 HOTCUES per deck, but you can add more cue points, theyre just not labeled, and you cant really trigger them directly like a hotcue, you can just skip to the next cue by setting something to "jump to previous" or "jump to next cue"

sometimes i set a few of these"unlabelled" cues at different parts in a really long song that at different intervals... like if its an 8-9 minute track, ill set a few of them in different points in the song that match up well and then at the appropriate time i "jump to next cue" and it skips along further in the track... essensially so i can shorten it down to a 4-5 minute track... kind of an on the fly radio club edit... thingie...

Plus "unlabeled" cue points are handy to set as load markers for tracks... that way, you can set a load marker/start marker and all the other types of markers, without them taking up a spot in your hotcues.

Got it.

The problem was that I was using the launchpad .tsi files from the launchpad thread on here as a base.

Those are unfortunately split into 4 seperate .tsi files, and I was trying to set the modifier in the control/browse .tsi

as soon as I set the modifier in the .tsi for each individual 1/4 (one deck) on the launchpad, everything worked perfectly.

as I thought, it was me doing something silly. Ah well, there's a learning curve with every new piece of software Thank you all for your help

Disappointing on the 8 hotcues thing, but as I said, that's just an aside that'd be nice to have.

ciao.

happy mapping! its alot more satisfying than using someone else's map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast