How many of you use upgraded RCA leads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How many of you use upgraded RCA leads?

I have to get some for connecting my mixer to the audi2DJ. I have some for mixer to amp that cost about £20 a lead!

Do most of you still rock the skinny leads that come with your equipment as standard?
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

yeah....i have nice leads that were made up for me.

The issue I have however is the RCA connection that goes into the Audio 4.
    Not sure if the ports are the same on the Audio 2...but i recon it is.

I have read others also have this issue. The middle pin is sometimes too long.
    I think I fucked up my first IN port due to this. It does not pick up the left channel anymore.

SUCKS!!!

But yeah...OT....cables make all the diff!

From RCA to USB....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Theres a great thread around here somewhere showing where you can get great RCA (very tough looking) for next to nothing (if you are in the US)

Try this link:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10218

(Scroll down to 2-RCA Audio Cables) If the shipping to the UK was cheaper, I'd replace ALL of my cables with their Premium 2-RCA Cables. They are ridiculously cheap!

I know Xonetacular has ordered a load of these - pretty sure he was happy with them.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    yeah....i have nice leads that were made up for me.

The issue I have however is the RCA connection that goes into the Audio 4.
    Not sure if the ports are the same on the Audio 2...but i recon it is.

I have read others also have this issue. The middle pin is sometimes too long.
    I think I fucked up my first IN port due to this. It does not pick up the left channel anymore.

SUCKS!!!

But yeah...OT....cables make all the diff!

From RCA to USB....
    AudioDJ2 has an RCA to 3/4 Jack lead when going external.
    Tony the Pony.

Tech Guru

<rant>

In the broadcast facility i work at, most people on here would be amazed at the audio cable used for the bulk of the installation. Everything runs through a Krone frame like this one:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/20...972fe7816b.jpg

The cable is very thin, about 1.5mm, its solid copper, its not oxygen free. In our facility there is not one gold plated audio connector (xlr and phoenix only, rca/phonos are unbalanced and considered consumer and arent used) anywhere to be found because it makes no difference at source.

and don't get me started on gold plated USB leads.....there is in no way that a gold plated or OFC USB cable will improve sound quality, its technically impossible. I've even seen gold plated optical leads....how does that work??

</rant>
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    <rant>

In the broadcast facility i work at, most people on here would be amazed at the audio cable used for the bulk of the installation. Everything runs through a Krone frame like this one:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/20...972fe7816b.jpg

The cable is very thin, about 1.5mm, its solid copper, its not oxygen free. In our facility there is not one gold plated audio connector (xlr and phoenix only, rca/phonos are unbalanced and considered consumer and arent used) anywhere to be found because it makes no difference at source.

and don't get me started on gold plated USB leads.....there is in no way that a gold plated or OFC USB cable will improve sound quality, its technically impossible. I've even seen gold plated optical leads....how does that work??

</rant>
    What are you trying to say? Uprated cables are pointless?

(I agree on the USB front)
    Tony the Pony.

AHH...the PABX Frame....I worked on a HUGE one at my last job....and i mean HUGE!

That was our phone system tho!

They call that wire ScoobyDoo here....I dunno why.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    What are you trying to say? Uprated cables are pointless?

(I agree on the USB front)
    in simple terms yes, especially for the whole 30-60cm journey from cdj to mixer or interface to mixer.

however, for the cables connecting the mixer to the amps, they should be a bit heavier duty/thicker to make up for the signal drop caused by long runs. in some clubs its 20-50 metres from dj box to amp room
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

In the world of unbalanced, line-level audio, I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that spending more on cables makes any difference.

IMHO, get the cheapest cables that come with a warranty…usually in the US, this mean's Live Wire (guitar center's house brand). LiveWire also makes some RCA-RCA and RCA-1/4" TS snakes that are really ridiculously convenient for some digital DJ applications.

When you're talking about long runs to speakers or out of your mixer (FOH or DJ) or between the DJ mixer and the FOH mixer, using balanced cables–if possible–can make a big difference.

As far as unbalanced connections, the only place i've seen expensive/nice cables make a difference is in connecting guitars to amps or stomp boxes…and even then it has more to do with the specifics of the cable than anything the manufacturer says. LiveWire still sounds better than Monster, and Mogami's not worth the price…for the sound I like and my particular setup a combination of home-made cables from Canare and GeorgeL components (cables and connectors) sounds better than anything else at any price…but none of that matters for DJ gear.

Tech Wizard

Mixer to soundcard, use the cheap ones, it dont matter a bit.
    Rcas to amprack? really! Balanced is the only serious option

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast