Few questions about the Xone 92

Default Few questions about the Xone 92

Has anybody noticed the Xone 92 has gone up in price by nearly £300? That's ridiculous, don't you think? Thats a basically a 30% increase in just a couple of months, why?

Also is there a reason out of all the pics of professional DJ's using the 92 they all seem to be on the older silver model. Im sure I read somewhere that the newer graphite one was made in china by dennon as apposed to the silver one in England by A&H? I could be wrong but does anyone have any info?

It's just that iv wanted one for ages, but I don't want to spend £1,289 on a mixer that doesn't have the quality of an older model which I could get for cheaper second hand on eBay?

Any thoughts? I know it's a lot but iv been saving for ages. Now Im in two minds though about this new graphite version.

Cheers.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Just to be clear. There are silver models out there made in China. I have one and it sounds, works, and feels fantastic...though it did need something of a break-in period. In case you haven't noticed many things are going up in the past few months--especially food items. Sure NI just did a 50%off deal on software but aren't many European countries raising tariffs and transportation fees escalating? (I'm not certain of this but generally know that upfront taxes in Europe are higher "over there") Companies have been essentially losing money over the past few years due to higher transport costs eventually those costs reach us.

Anyway the Xone is a great mixer and it'd take a very special product for me to consider replacing it. Maybe wait until after Christmas for potential sales as new products roll out?

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    In case you haven't noticed many things are going up in the past few months
    Yup, I noticed how the Xone:42 went up from around 650€ to around 800€ in september

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Yup, I noticed how the Xone:42 went up from around 650€ to around 800€ in september
    This leads me to believe that A&H running on very thin margins, though I have no real proof, i.e. earnings statement. Their move to shift assembly to China most likely was a financial decision along with a lukewarm reception of the XoneX makes me wonder further. I did notice a lot of buzz over the summer regarding their established XONE line so maybe their stocks have diminished and prices reflect that... who knows, just speculating.

Cheers for the input guys. Im pretty gutted it's gone up by £300 like. That's a big increase for something that was previously just shy of 1k, it's put me off pretty badly, then theres the thought of something new in december.

@space_monkey: what do ye mean it needed something of a breaking in period?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's