New to Mixing and DJing
    Tech Convert

Default New to Mixing and DJing

Hi,

I am teaching myself to beat match and mix and was looking for a good cheap MIDI controller. I notice Vestax do two good ones, the VCI-100 and VCI-300. I am leaning towards getting the VCI-100 together with the NI Audio 4 soundcard but I have just seen the Reloop digital jockey 2 and was wondering what people recommend for a complete beginner.

Thanks

Matt

Filterkat

id definately go with the VCI, the reloop isnt as good or as sturdy a controller and there have been several bugs and issues with the controllers that have been reported to reloop and they havent done anything about it so far from what ive heard, and the one with the built in audio interface... sounds like crap on a descent sound system. only 16 bit audio quality... VCI will keep you going well into the "advanced" stages of mixing... i use my VCI in clubs all the time, at basically every gig i get. as for the Audio 4... do you need an audio 4? its a great soundcard, and great if your using timecodes or using the inputs to route other audio sources into your computer... but are you going to be doing this? otherwise, if youve got nothing else to plug into the soundcard, or your not using timecodes the audio 4 seems like a bit of a waste... id go with the Audio 2. Just as good sound quality, Just the right amount of Outputs.

I have both Audio 2 and audio 8. I use the Audio 8 for my timecodes and for hooking up 2 external synths to my computer, but unless your going to be doing something simmilar, its kind of a waste IMO. I end up taking my Audio 2 out to gigs more often than i take my Audio 8 because its smaller, lighter and easier to set up. Only reason i take my audio 8 with me is if i know im going to be using timecodes at a club.