Fader X Mode in VCI-100 Ean TSI?
    Tech Guru

Default Fader X Mode in VCI-100 Ean TSI?

I was watching the video on You Tube about Traktor Pro and fader FX mode.
    I was wondering how this works in terms of after one uses say the volume faders to control fx and then switches back to control their volumes, or pitch control (depends of fader used), one has to kind of reset the volume or it would drop to where the fader was last used. For example if one was using the pitch to control the FX, and after wanted to get out of "fader fx mode" the pitch would jump once the user would touch the fader..HmMM? How does this work?

that is indeed a problem...

there is the possibility to make a soft takeover (there's a small checkbox when you assign your midi-controller in traktor or tpro), e.g.:

if you have the line fader at value 101 and switch to fx mode and move it to 57 and then switch back to fader mode, the line fader doesn't do anything until you put it up to value 101, then the volume "sticks" to your line fader, so you can put it up to 127 or down to whatever value you like...

this is a quite nice feature, although you'll get the problem if you have activated it and want to drop the volume down quickly on the fader and forget that you have to takeover the value first... so you put the fader down and nothing happens

Also, it matters if there are modifiers being used, because as Zac Kyoti has pointed out, using modifiers sometimes disables the soft takeover function. So, 1) you either have to be on your game and realize that you have a parameter jump incoming, 2) modify the .tsi so you can clear decks and reset them manually between contols, or 3) use these functions when you are going to clear a deck or before you have mixed it in so that you don't really have to worry about the jump

DJ Phaidon

because the controls are inverted and you usually play with the volume all the way up- I rarely run into problems. Soft take over also helps.

Tech Guru

Yes, I tried the invert mode and is ok now..but not on pitch controls, as if I use them for Fx and leave it like -5% and then jump to the Pitch of a deck, the track will speed up 5%..Guess on has to look and reset the fader of where it should be..Or am I wrong?