Questions about recording & Traktor

Default Questions about recording & Traktor

So... I love this already. Got my gear 2 weeks ago and it's so much fun.

I want to start creating my first electro house 10 min mix, but have no recording equipment.

Does Traktor have internal recording that records what I do for that session or am I going to have to use a shitty webcam with a microphone to record what's coming out of my speakers?

On a side note, anybody have tips that might make a 10 min mix stand out from the others? Any general rules that most 10 min mix's follow?

Can't wait to have my first bit of tunage for you guys to listen to!

Love this community. <3
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND
    SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK| TWITTER

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

it's the little tape icon under the right fx units. if you mix internally it will record the master channel, otherwise you need to hook the booth/record out of your mixer to a free input in your soundcard and assign the recorder to that deck's input.
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-20-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Yes and change the file split size to 2048mb in the preferences so you can geta a good 2 1/3 hours of recording without splitting the file
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Mixing internally will record the master channel meaning that it'll be recording what is coming out of my speakers at home? Or I guess that depends on my settings, but I'm fairly certain that's what it'd be.

Any tips?
    MAKE SMILES
    ACER Aspire 5755 | TP 2 | MIXED IN KEY | S4 mk2 | LPD8 | MDR-V700 | ODYSSEY L STAND

Turn the recording gain down a bit (i use -2.5) and tweak your master gain a bit as well. the idea is to get both the master and recording gain as loud as possible without either going into the red ... run some tracks together and if they run into the red, make some minor adjustments. You can always boost the volume post recording.
    Last edited by Jester; 12-21-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

when you use traktors record, its not what is coming out of your speakers.

traktor has its own gain knob and records regardless of the master volume

for example you can have you master out turned up all the way and your speakers off, hit record and play the recording back and hear the music just fine.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Thanks all. Gonna be messing around with this today!
    No work = make a mix?

Hopefully, I'll have it ready for you guys tonight!
    MAKE SMILES

looking forward to it.

also, just some tips. convert the recorded WAV and convert it to mp3 (i use switch sound file converter) and then take that mp3 and open up mp3 gain. set the target normal volume to 96 db and use track gain ( NEVER album gain)

this way your mix is at a perfect volume level (traktor only gives it a 1db boost) and uploading will be faster than with a WAV
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

OT-Jester always has the best siggies.