Just joined the cool kids!

Thumbs up Just joined the cool kids!

Picked up an S4 today, and have been at it for 5+ hours now. Mostly just getting things situated and learning basic controls.

I am happy to report though that so far I have none of the reported problems or issues. It works great! (as I knock on wood, cross my fingers, and pray to the Traktor Gods) Only real problem is this old dog learning new tricks, lol.

I'm running on an Acer Aspire 2.2ghz Pentium with 3gb, dual boot system with a drive dedicated to and optimised for running Traktor.

On a side note, my TSI from TPro for my Oxygen 49 mostly works in S4 software, but because of the new Fx assignments I have some remapping ahead of me to get back all the functions.

In all though I am extremely happy with the S4. The layout, integration, work flow, etc are well thought out. Can't wait till I have the feel for it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Congrats!! It took me a little while before I could start pressing certain buttons without having to search for them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    I'm running on an Acer Aspire 2.2ghz Pentium with 3gb, dual boot system with a drive dedicated to and optimised for running Traktor.
    Excellent.

Just proves that you dont need an i7 8gb super laptop to run S4.

Yes the laptop isn't much, but does the job.

Im still not a cool kid, but congrats on the s4
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Thanks JesC! As a DJTT Mod, you are way better than a cool kid, you are the cool kid's principal. Now stop paddling the school nurse and get back to work. lol

JesC haz mad skillz........and the funniest Avatar evaar!

Get Down JesC:

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/I4xXmC0d257Fqcvk9wsE

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21920
    Last edited by b3nz0n8; 12-21-2010 at 10:03 PM.

I did find out the S4 is a lot touchier about extra things running. I have a hard key on my laptop to turn wifi on and off. Before with TPro and an external sound card, if I forgot to turn it off it would take hours before it caused a problem, if any. With the S4 though if I forget to turn it off the problem is immediate. Sound glitches, cpu spiking, etc.:eek:

Congrats VanGogo, tough to hear about the wifi though.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Thanks Tekki.
    It's not really a problem as it is supposed to be off anyway while using it to DJ. I was really just suprised at how big a difference it made from my previous set up to the S4.

I was worried about getting one after seeing the trouble some were having with it. So I bought it from my local Guitar Center so I could return it easily. So far no problems, but I do think NI has some tweaking to do.

In all though I am highly pleased with my move to the S4. It has so many features I wanted in a controller that I was able to undo a lot of my Oxygen 49 mapping that I use to do anything I can't do with my main controller (like super knobs, advanced fx control, browsing/loading,etc depending on the main controller) Now my problem is I have way to many open knobs, faders, and buttons on the 49 with nothing to map to them........yet