First gigs with my S4

Default First gigs with my S4

This saturday I had my first 2 gigs with my S4, good test as I had to move between 2 venues in the middle of the night.

I carried the beast in a trolley, with some foam and air plastics.

The first gig of the night was in a small venue, I was doing the warmup so I had luckily lot of time to set up. we had to add a second table for the S4 'cause there weren't enough room for it in the booth. when I plugged it in, I encounter for the first time the jog wheel problems, the phase was going insane and the track wasn't playing, without even touching the platter.
    I just recalibrate and it was ok, I think it's due to the trolley vibrations when carrying it on old pavements.

Second gig, even if I had to re-carry it on old pavements and stuffs, I haven't had to recalibrate twice, and everything was ok, enough room for my S4 so that was really comfortable.

The thing I noticed is that with the stress I haven't used extended features of the S4, only basic, I even forgot to use the built in browser and did all my tracks selections with my mouse and keyboard, I think that'll come with time ^^.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxledaron View Post
    The thing I noticed is that with the stress I haven't used extended features of the S4, only basic, I even forgot to use the built in browser and did all my tracks selections with my mouse and keyboard, I think that'll come with time ^^.
    Glad it went well. Once you get more comfortable with the built in controls it'll just come as second nature.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

personally i have re-calibrated the jog wheels b4 every gig and not had any problems yet

www.zoosh.es
    Macbook pro 15" 2.6 Ghz | Traktor S4/Pro 2.03 | NI Maschine | Novation Launchpad |