Advice please....VCI-100se or.....?
    Tech Wizard

Default Advice please....VCI-100se or.....?

I DJ in stripclub but do my best to keep it a dance club style and I'm looking at a controller for Virtual DJ and Traktor (probly switch to Traktor once I'm fully used to it) and was just about settled on the VCI-100se. I just was hoping for some input before I did. Would this be a good deck to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by PDMD2204 View Post
    I DJ in stripclub
    Can I come (And get hooked up)? :eek::eek:

Tech Guru

Or what? Your looking for whatever fits your situation, you didn't give any details so how are we supposed to comment.

you dont need a controller, just import the following to itunes and press the repeat button, then proceed to get wasted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBvbrXNjs0

Tech Wizard

Sorry,
    The best I could hook you up with is who to get a dance from (girls are stingy...see the women are evil calculation). My situation is I have whats close to a gaming system for a desktop that I use to DJ with and an older desktop that I use as a backup. (main is triple core 3.4ghz, intel SSD with a terabyte storage drive, 8600 geforce graphics, & an M-Audio 1010lt audio card). I focus on hip-hop, rap, & R&B but also play rock and various other styles. I'd like to start learning to to get more of (what I consider) a dance club style with hip-hop and remixes but also learn more styles as I go. The price point is about as high as I'd like (it went from $200 to $300 and with the VCI-100se it's at close to 6). I'll be switching to a Mac within the next month to April time frame depending on some hardware considerations but that's another thread. Does this help?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kidcolt View Post
    you dont need a controller, just import the following to itunes and press the repeat button, then proceed to get wasted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBvbrXNjs0
    I'd have to in order to listen to that for any extended period of time...I don't we carry enough alcohol for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PDMD2204 View Post
    I'd have to in order to listen to that for any extended period of time...I don't we carry enough alcohol for that one.
    probably one of the most overused and cliche songs ever

Tech Wizard

At worst: I play dancing queen when they don't tip; at best: I get paid very well to watch nearly naked women and harass the general public while playing the music I like (unless it's dancing queen then I just laugh maniacally) but I digress....While I will wind up bringing it to the present club to use I'd like to start working in the local dance clubs as well; any suggestions on if this controller is a wise beginner investment?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The SE would be very good to start with.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x