Wow i hate my hometown,
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wow i hate my hometown,

So like, im just in from a night out, a tad drunk as it was so bad i came home early. Time to rant.

First place i went to, "cayotees" the music was amazing, the mixing, as far as i could hear perfect but the DJ didnt let anyone upstairs. Then he started replying to a text. and suddenly this transition comes out of nowhere, so i thought maybe its a part of a song.

Then he nipped downstairs from the stage to the toilet. the song that was playing was fake blood - Mars, and as the song was ending the guy sprinted out the bog and halfway up the stairs it suddenly perfectly dropped into (laidback luke? unsure) - Timebomb. and im thinking.. waiiiit what?

So im a bit unsure about this DJ. because i watched him constant for about half an hour and he never put those headphones on. and then this seriously horrible beatmatch/transition comes out of nowhere, i mean, everyone in the bar looked up to him at this point. then it was perfect from then on in again. like perfect to the 0.00001 beat transitions.

So the second bar we went to was rialto's. and there was a live singer/guitar player. but from what i could see there was no cable from the guitar, and he was playing on big PA speakers? so unless accoustic guitar can play louder than a mic on a PA system @ a loud level, yeah ok id believe that. Then i got gut rot and went home and started this rant. TBH, i hate my hometown and its talent. please rant here about yours
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Wizard

cool story bra
    Last edited by dumdidum; 12-23-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: frist

where you from homes?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Filterkat

haha, my old hometown in australia was fucking bad (Gold Coast)... there was 1 or 2 descent clubs there, but none of my mates went there often because it was like a 20 dollar door charge, and even more if a descent DJ was playing there. So for the most part of the time, id have to put up with going to the shit clubs. They all play super commercial house. Black eyed peas, david guetta, top 40 remixes... just garbage. Couple of the clubs dont even have "proper" DJ's... No transitions, just an iTunes playlist, and they sit there in the booth pretending to look busy, and then occasionally they would flange-whore for a few minutes on the mixer.

One night i was in one of the clubs and the guy was playing some pretty descent tracks. I saw a serato box in the booth, and he was fiddling around with the timecodes, so i went up to the side of the booth to check his screen to see if i could see the trackname, because i really liked the track, and hadnt heard it before, and i was hoping to get it off iTunes the next day. Looked on the screen, only to see that it was a pre recorded mix that wasnt even his. it had "Vandalism Set, pacha 2009" written as the trackname, with no other tracks loaded in the decks. so he was just faking it with the timecodes. And same thing as you, when the set must have finnished, i hear a HORRIBLE mix, everyone looks up, then same thing, perfect mixing. Just sickens me to see these people in the booths getting paid.

I ended up doing basically all of my gigs and held a residency up in brisbane, which was an hour and a half drive away, just because there, theres a lot of descent clubs, and a good club culture. plus i knew a few of the DJ's up there so we set up some events together. But it still sucks to see DJ's getting paid the same as i was... doing NOTHING. or barely even knowing how to mix, or for the itunes guys, not even being able to mix at all, and just whoring on the effects section of the mixer.

Another time, i had handed my demo to a DJ at a club on the gold coast, he said hed give me a call but never did. I knew he was playing 2 weeks later at this club, so i went to the club to have a chat to him, see what he thought of my demo. Walk in the club, I hear a song that was on my demo... im like, hmmm, so he picked one of my tracks off my demo, then i hear it mixed into exactly the same song i mixed it into, in exactly the same way... 10 minutes later, i realise hes playing my demo i gave to him without actually doing anything... AND CLAIMING IT!!! went up to the booth and "had a few words with him" as well as the club manager. But both didnt seem to care.

Gold coast DJs/promoters/managers are all douchebags, with no reputable skill or talent, and the clubs suck balls. Hence me going to brisbane for gigs/residency, and hence me moving to europe :P

End rant

oh my god. he jacked your demo! thats horrible!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

Mayyyn, don't get me started on where I live! Meat Market central and rarely any decent nights go down. If they do no one supports or seems interested. Same shite, different week.
    Worse is, my mates aren't interested in venturing out of town (1hr by train to Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham-home to some out of this world clubs/events). I've bin clubbing alone recently cos of this... I'm 31!

Definitely born in the wrong town

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    oh my god. he jacked your demo! thats horrible!
    thats happened to me...no cool.

Makes me wish you could build a "time release trainwreck" into a demo for just such a case.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Makes me wish you could build a "time release trainwreck" into a demo for just such a case.
    thats what triple airhorns and d-d-d-d-d-d-d-jay SirReal on the ones and twos, name drop is for!

I know that's why people use name drops but GOD I hate them.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast