Convert controller to hi-resolution MIDI?

Default Convert controller to hi-resolution MIDI?

Hi all

Was just wondering if there are any mods that can be done to a MIDI controller to convert existing controls (127 signals) to hi-resolution MIDI? Any hardware that is readily available for this?

I want to convert the pitch control pots on my BCD-3000 to hi-res so I can manually beatmatch. As for the jogwheels, while I don't need to convert them (I don't scratch), being able to do it will be sweet.

Would be great if someone can give me some advice on this.

Thanks a lot
    Sid

ctrld

I haven't laughed this hard since a guy told me that his djx700 would perform as well as the pioneer its layout was copied from

Tech Guru

Sure. Just reprogram the firmware to have the pitch faders send a "pitch wheel" message instead of the absolute CC message they currently send. Or you could use a 14bit NRPN instead, but I'm not sure if Traktor would accept NRPNs. Be sure to test that first.

Hey nom0nic

Thanks for the suggestion. But how do I do it exactly?

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Just reprogram the firmware

Tech Guru

There is no way for a normal user to make the BCD3000 send 14bit messages. I was pulling your leg. It's kind of like asking "How do I make my car fly?". Technically it's possible, but it's highly likely that you don't have the requisite tools or knowledge.

Thanks... Good to know..

I figured if it was as simple soldering stuff onto a new PCB, I could do it.. But clearly it's more complicated than that :-)

Cheers anyway.. Hope you had a good christmas.. And wish you a happy new year.