VCI-100 and WINDOWS 7
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 and WINDOWS 7

Hello

Sorry if this issue has already been covered, but I searched the forum and I couldn't find anything relevant.

I am using Windows 7 and Traktor Pro. Just plugged in my VCI-100 and it searches for a driver, and fails. But the VCI lights up, everything looks fine. It does not appear in the Traktor input device list. It shows up in Windows Device Manager, but it has an exclamation point next to it, and it says no driver has been installed.

Can anyone help me? Possibly link me to a file to download and manually install the driver?

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Could be a faulty USB cable. Or a faulty USB port. Or an USB port not conforming to the USB spec (try different ports).

Also, afaik, the VCI doesn't need a driver. Are you sure that the driver for your USB host controller is installed? (It will be part of your chipset driver so make sure the chipset driver for your motherboard is installed.)

Lastly, if power-saving for your USB ports is enabled, disable it.

Tech Convert

thanks for your response

i doubt any of those could be the problem. all of my USB ports work fine with other hardware i.e. Mbox2 and mouse, keyboard. i disconnected all of my other USB devices. i turned off power saving, to no avail. I tried a different cable. Tried all 3 ports on my laptop. Device manager says that the driver for my USB controller that the VCI is connected to is installed properly.

If the VCI doesn't need a special driver, where does the drive come from? Microsoft? Is it a generic driver pre-loaded with windows?

I read some *very* anecdotal information on another forum that Pro Tools might cause a conflict with the VCI. I have the latest version of PT8 (8.0.4) Does anyone know if this is true?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What kind of computer? Does it have a webcam? I've seen quiet a few problems with web cam drivers interfering with the VCI-100.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

It's an ADK audio workstation laptop. it has a webcam, but i'm 99% sure i don't have any drivers installed for it, because it doesnt show up in the device manager. i have also heard that the VCI has conflicts with Logitech webcams specifically.

Tech Convert

so after some research i downloaded a file called wdma_usb.inf which seemed to be missing from my windows system files. this allowed the VCI to install itself, but it did so as a "USB Audio Device." Is this correct?

it seems to work, mostly, in traktor now. can anyone direct me to a good mapping to use for the stock firmware? 1.1 i guess.

my main problem now is that my jog wheels only work while the deck is stopped, AND there is no sound while jogging. i.e. i can't scratch. WTF

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by skeets View Post
    his allowed the VCI to install itself, but it did so as a "USB Audio Device." Is this correct?
    I believe so. Glad you worked it out.

it seems to work, mostly, in traktor now. can anyone direct me to a good mapping to use for the stock firmware? 1.1 i guess.
    you're sure it's 1.1? if so, an upgrade via the firmware kit from DJTT is in order iyam.

my main problem now is that my jog wheels only work while the deck is stopped, AND there is no sound while jogging. i.e. i can't scratch. WTF
    it's hard to say anything without knowing what mapping you use. e.g., the DJTT 3.6.3 mapping has a mode for the jogwheels in which only pitch bend works (by turning the jog wheel) but in which scratching (by touching the top) is deliberately turned off.