what is so great about the vestex vci 100?

Default what is so great about the vestex vci 100?

Ok i have been doing alot of research looking for a midi controller that is easy to transport (i have a numark ns7fx) i have been using the mixtrack as a knock around controller but i have come across a great deal for a Vci se arcade controller and want to know what is so great about this controller. to me the layout is seems strange and people are saying that this is a professional controller. what exactly is so great about the vci 100??

Tech Wizard

imo, it isn't top-of-the-line anymore when compared to the latest generation of controllers. (let's not forget that 3 1/2 years have passed since the VCI's release!) however, the VCI retains a few strengths, even when compared to the latest controller generation (e.g., ergonomic placement of arcade buttons, big user community with lots of guides, mods, and tsi's available, great build quality).

Quote Originally Posted by dumdidum View Post
    imo, it isn't top-of-the-line anymore when compared to the latest generation of controllers. (let's not forget that 3 1/2 years have passed since the VCI's release!) however, the VCI retains a few strengths, even when compared to the latest controller generation (e.g., ergonomic placement of arcade buttons, big user community with lots of guides, mods, and tsi's available, great build quality).
    The biggest advantage of the VCI is in the community. Anything that you can think to do with the thing has probably already been done and is easily accessible.