How do you go about organizing your Traktor music? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just have a file with all my songs and import it into my collection. Then I just tag everything up(work in progress) and create play lists.

I find I need to have access to everything in a big long list to I can access them intuitively.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lundmark View Post
    This confuses me too. Some tracks have ratings and some do not. Weird.
    I'm wrong. Traktor does not update the ratings changes made in iTunes unless you delete and reimport the track.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'm wrong. Traktor does not update the ratings changes made in iTunes unless you delete and reimport the track.
    But I sometimes rate tracks before import and they still don't show.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Lundmark View Post
    But I sometimes rate tracks before import and they still don't show.
    I believe I've had those kind of issues too, have you checked whether those tracks are MP3? If not, convert them (inside iTunes is easy) and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    I believe I've had those kind of issues too, have you checked whether those tracks are MP3? If not, convert them (inside iTunes is easy) and try again.
    They might not be. I have a lot of purchased AAC music too. It's a minor issue though since I need to do so much manually anyway. Rating is the least of my concerns

Tech Mentor

Ratings aren't important to me either, but I didn't like Traktor not being able to store BPM in their ID3 tags. I like to browse my iTunes playlists instead of Traktor playlists, and missing BPM's is quite a problem.

Why not just convert them? It's literally no work: inside iTunes, sort the songs on their type (create a new column to do this). Then just select all your AAC's, and choose 'Make MP3'. Done.
    Don't forget to change your import settings though, default is at 128kbps which you probably don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Ratings aren't important to me either, but I didn't like Traktor not being able to store BPM in their ID3 tags. I like to browse my iTunes playlists instead of Traktor playlists, and missing BPM's is quite a problem.

Why not just convert them? It's literally no work: inside iTunes, sort the songs on their type (create a new column to do this). Then just select all your AAC's, and choose 'Make MP3'. Done.
    Don't forget to change your import settings though, default is at 128kbps which you probably don't want.
    Because converting from one lossy format to another isn't very good for audio quality.

Ive found that anything I change in Traktor as far as metadata doesn't get "seen" in itunes until I play the track in itunes. So my M.O. is to import a playlist I create in itunes into Traktor. Anaylze, beatgrid and set cuepoints. Lock it in Traktor, go back to itunes and play each song in the playlist, then the metadata get's updated in itunes. You can bring up say the BPM comment field in itunes and see tht it adds the BPM that Traktor analyzed the track at as soon as you press play in itunes.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12