Please help. :D - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please help. :D

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Djtom420 View Post
    ABLETON , or traktor, or serrento.
    sorry, I didn't quite catch that last part...

Tech Wizard

Does anyone know if with the Hercules RXM I need a sound card, such as the Audio 2, it says it has a built in soundcard.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by procc View Post
    Thank you very much StephanV, I'm going to go for the Hercules RMX, but do you think I need the Audio2?
    No, it's got an onboard sound card. Apparently the sound quality is nowhere near the Audio2DJ, but as long as you're not playing live gigs, you'll be fine.

Tech Wizard

Awesome, so I can get some speakers now, so I don't have to play on my little crap computer speakers right?

Tech Mentor

External speakers are a must have yes. No need to buy high-end at once, but don't be too shy to spend some money either.

Tech Wizard

I was looking at these.. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-Speakers-Monitor-Karaoke/dp/B003TTFGHQ/ref=sr_1_32?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1293539268&sr=1-32"]Amazon.com: Seismic Audio - Pair of 8" PA DJ Pro Audio Band Speakers 150 Watts - Use as a Main or a Monitor - Karaoke: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TDewQ6XZL.@@AMEPARAM@@41TDewQ6XZL[/ame] any good?

I'd recommend getting proper monitors rather than a PA system. you'll get much better sound quality for the money (and it wont take up nearly as much space). remember its now all about how loud they are also when choosing monitors you want to get ACTIVE monitors, meaning they do not need an amplifier to power them (its already built in).

You guys are way too helpful.

We're not wikipedia.
    was pretty much my first thought looking at this thread.

Tech Mentor

Once you get sucked into it, there's just no way back.

Also, when having exams, it's actually a very valid excuse to stay on DJTT a little longer!

Tech Guru

Fist off, hats off to Stephan. You posted loads of good information for the OP.

Now on topic.

In terms of the software, stick with the VDJ you have.

Someone mentioned serato. It is FREE to download, buy you cannot use it with equipment unless you have the soundcard for it (Rane).

However, you can run it and analyze your tracks and such. If you have a friend, for example, that has a Serato setup, you can turn on Serato on your laptop, connect it, and go (it is plug and play). This will allow you to familiarize yourself with another DJing program.

In terms of the Hercules, I know someone that has is and I messed around with it for a bit. Overall it is a good controller to use with VDJ. As stated before, the sound quality will not nearly be as good as the audio 2, but it is a great controller to start with for a beginner.

In terms of sound, I second the suggestions of monitors over speakers for all the benefits already mentioned. Be advies you ned to take into consideration the cales you ned to hook it all up, but this should not be much of a problem considering most monitors and sound interfaces share the same connections (rca, trs, etc.).

On a side note:

research more
    research more
    research more
    I cannot stress that enough.

It seems that you already purchased the Hercules after a few hours of posting (not sure if you actually did though). Things like these you want to research for a very, very long time.

One question that may decide all you r purchases is "do I want to leave myself room to grow?"

This, in turn effects what kind of hear you buy.. If you decide that you really want to put a lot of time and effort into DJing, I sueegest you save up more for a better setup. I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am just trying to guide you in the right mindset.

I wish you all the best and please feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Gianmarco
    Last edited by GPS; 12-28-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast