LF 25Key Midi/Synth suggestions?

Default LF 25Key Midi/Synth suggestions?

So i've been looking into getting a 25 Key controller, preferably with some drum pads on it. Ive been checking out the m-audio axiom 25 and Novations sound station 25.

id appreciate any input on those two models, and maybe some similar suggestions towards different brands and models. really only looking for 25 keys, but the pads are essential. the price isnt too big of a deal but obviously if i can save some extra cash by going with a certain brand im down for that, about to be purchasing a launchpad as well.

thank you very much!

Tech Mentor

check out the akai mpk 25...after a very easy mod the pads are great to play on.

also the novation sl mkii line of controllers are wonderful, i use the zeRo model, as i have a full 88 key controller from m-audio, but i dont really like the way the pads are arranged.

another option would be the LPK25 and the LPD...

Tech Mentor

i just realized that the LPK and LPD together is essentially the MPK mini, although i've never used one so i can't vouch for quality

im really diggin the looks of the mpk mini, and you cant really beat the price.

anyone have a hands on review on it?

is there a way to map the mpk mini to torq's interface? i have the xponent and i know there are sample slots on the UI for m-audio's trigger finger.

would i be able to map the keys meant for the trigger finger to akai's drumpads instead?

this would really be the make or break for the sale lol

Tech Guru

Well the mpk is fully mappable, i don't know about how talk works but if you can map the function you want the mpk can be mapped to it.

I'm also about to buy the MPK mini, would really appreciate some views from somebody who owns one.

Tech Mentor

Don't have an MPK, but I do have an LPD8 (the upper half of the MPK). It's completely plastic, but feels (and is) really sturdy, I don't see mine breaking down anytime soon.
    Buttons are nice to play on too, with good visual feedback.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    Don't have an MPK, but I do have an LPD8 (the upper half of the MPK). It's completely plastic, but feels (and is) really sturdy, I don't see mine breaking down anytime soon.
    Buttons are nice to play on too, with good visual feedback.
    i own both the LPD and LPK. the keys on the LPK are not the greatest thing in the world, but they do their job well. (im assuming the keys on the MPK mini are the same)