25 hotcues in traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 25 hotcues in traktor?

I was looking at the Traktor vs Serato blog post. And saw that it sates there are 25 hot cues? am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

I think there's only 8 hotcues but 25 cues. Or something like that - there's a bunch of theoretical cuepoints that you can't actually use for anything. If you're clever you can use points 9 and 10 for your loadmarkers and grids so you don't have to waste a hotcue for those but it seems like a lot of work. I don;t think there's any way to actually use a cuepoint past 8 the way you can use the first 8.

yup 8 hotcues that you can jump to, but something like 25 that you can have stored
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    but something like 25 that you can have stored
    the manual says 32, not 25 I believe. but some guy over at the NI forums actually tested how many cues you can define. iirc he stopped somewhere around 200 :eek:

Whaaaat?? :eek:
    how do i access these other 192 stored cues?
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Once you have used the 8 hot cues you can map to a controller for juggling etc. You can drop more hot cues by clicking the "store" button on the lower right hand side of the deck in the software. This will drop a new cue point at the cue marker. You cannot "play" these markers. So what good are they?

I like to map the first 8 cues, of course number 1 is a grid marker, to start. Then drop another hot cue I want to play and map it using "store". Then you can map hot cue number 1 to the newest hot cue. That way your grid marker doesn't take up a hot cue. Then I map by using the "store" function, any fade in, fade out markers to let me know good mix in/out points. I also may drop some other cues just to remind me where sections of the music change. Loop cue points also will work, you just won't have a hot key to jump to them. And load markers are another good use of cues you can't "play"

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Once you have used the 8 hot cues you can map to a controller for juggling etc. You can drop more hot cues by clicking the "store" button on the lower right hand side of the deck in the software. This will drop a new cue point at the cue marker. You cannot "play" these markers. So what good are they?

I like to map the first 8 cues, of course number 1 is a grid marker, to start. Then drop another hot cue I want to play and map it using "store". Then you can map hot cue number 1 to the newest hot cue. That way your grid marker doesn't take up a hot cue. Then I map by using the "store" function, any fade in, fade out markers to let me know good mix in/out points. I also may drop some other cues just to remind me where sections of the music change. Loop cue points also will work, you just won't have a hot key to jump to them. And load markers are another good use of cues you can't "play"
    That's almost the same thing that i do.

Having 200 cues per track would be useful if we could define cue sets (here we go again...)

Filterkat

there pretty easy to set, i use mine for load markers and stuff like that. also, in certain really long songs i set a few in spots that go together well in different parts of the track so i can skip through the track quickly. you cant trigger them like a hotcue though the only way you can jump between them is to use the "jump to previous" or "jump to next" functions in traktor... so not really useful unless ur doing a sorta radio edit kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    You cannot "play" these markers. So what good are they?
    i fill all 8 marker, then use unmarked ones to show that start of a break down (fade in) and i set a cue every 16 beats then another fade in to mark the drop

i do the same with intros and outros (if thre is one)

then i delete the numbered ones and keep them for when im planning a mix and i have to bring in something at an unusual point
    (i mix dubstep)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

1. in "Cues / Loops," map a keybind to "Next / Prev Cue / Loop"
    2. ???
    3. Profit
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast