Desperate for Help: Traktor Tempo Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Desperate for Help: Traktor Tempo Problem

Today I've encountered the weirdest problem with Traktor while I was playing around with some mapping. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but things have changed. When loading up the first track, it would normally light up as master, the sync would not flash in intermediate mode.. and the tempo of the track would never be changed on its own. That has changed. When loading up the second track, it doesn't come in as it's regular tempo. Instead it gets synced to the master tempo automatically. I've been trying to figure this out all day, comparing it with the setup on my other computer and they're identical. I even made a .tsi file from that computer and loaded it on here and the problem persists. Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeXbqygGmiM

Click the sync button again so it isn't half filled?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Doesn't work. It won't ever go away. I am so stumped. With my other set up it never showed the half filled sync button...

The first thing that confuses me is that when I first load up traktor, the pitch faders are not at +0.0%
    Last edited by blokebakudan; 12-28-2010 at 08:27 PM.

From the Picture it seems as if the track isn't beatgridded. Try using the Determine BPM again. Then the Sync should become enabled.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Generally the half filled sync button is what you get when a track can't be synced because the pitch fader can't go far enough to correctly play the track. (For example you need -10% tempo but the pitch fader only goes to -8%).

That still doesn't explain the whole issue though...

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately It does this with every song. My main problem is that when I load up traktor the pitch faders aren't at +0.0% to begin with, they move to match the tempo displayed at the very top. Another weird thing is that the tempo at the top will change even when the bpm of the song hasn't changed.. and it will even slow down or speed up the track on its own.

I've also turned on SNAP, QUANT, and chose GRID (under the MOVE and CUE options)

just out of curiosity what happens when you select "Manual" in Deck Master Mode (instead of Auto, which is what you have set)?
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus_77 View Post
    just out of curiosity what happens when you select "Manual" in Deck Master Mode (instead of Auto, which is what you have set)?
    With it set to manual, both decks started at +0.0% and when I dragged the first track to deck A it stayed its normal tempo, but the sync button was still half lit and flashing. Deck B got automatically synced to the tempo of the first deck.

You didn't accidentally map anything which constantly makes traktor try to sync them?

Thanks Sanderbongertman!

I just went into the Controller Manager and set the in-ports of my keyboard and midi to n/a to disable them and guess what... everything works properly. Now I just gotta figure out what was causing it. Atleast I'm on the right track now. Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast