Traktor pro issue !!! Urgent for new year gig !!!
    Tech Student

Default Traktor pro issue !!! Urgent for new year gig !!!

hi all !! unfortunatly i had my audio 8 dj interface stolen from my car after a gig last week !!!! im in dire need of a new soundcard for a gig for new years eve , but obviously after christmas i need a cheap alternative to tie my over until i can get on ebay for a replacement audio 8 . Obviously im not going to be using my timecode setup but need to be able to route traktor pro to my external mixer , can i use a Numark Dji0 for this as its cheap as chips ???
    Thankyou in advance for anyone who can help out before i buy :-)

Tech Guru

Given that you need a new sound card in <36 hours...you are going to need to buy local. Overnight shipping would double the cost.

Hit a local Guitar Center and ask about sound cards they have in stock.

NI Audio 2 is a great card...street price is $100, it comes with all the required cables (USB, and two 1/4" stereo to RCA). This sound card is small, well built, and has a very loud output signal. I have been using this for about 8 months...and I am very happy with the value for $.

Maya 44's go for about $130. That would get you two stereo outs, and two stereo ins. There might be a way to use the vinyl with this card. I used the GigaportAG for almost a decade (the integrated USB cable got cut early last year)....sound quality is similar to the Maya44 card...but the Gigaport is out's only.

The Numark DJio is OK. I have a couple friends who use it. The case feels under built to me. Without some protection, I don't think it will survive for years in my gig bag. The sound quality is good enough not to be noticed.

Good luck.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Numark will work, but by the time you buy the cables and adapter you'll be pretty close to the Audio 2 which comes with the cables you need and sounds better. Plus it's small and tough and can serve as a great backup for moments like this.

Here's a couple of roundups

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/04/2...less-than-200/

Phil did a pretty good review on less expensive sound cards here.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2010/11...j-sound-cards/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

In a pinch, I'd use an audio2dj or a dj io…if you need 4 decks, just mix in mono and set it up accordingly.

You obviously loose time code, and it's not an ideal solution…but it does work as a temporary fix.

where are you located? maybe a forum member in your area could loan you a sound card for the night