(OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by bryan350 View Post
    On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.
    Ive managed some progress on one of my computers however i still need to fix the problems on the other one.
    I'm having the same problem as Bryan350; the "you need libusb0.dll to run the updater" window keeps appearing when I try to update, and I've tried putting the libusb0.dll file into system32.
    Why does that window keep popping up?
    Is there a solution to why the libusb0.dll file is not being recognised?

Edit: Problem Solved;
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Try this:

Attach your MF to your computer via USB, putting your MF into Bootloader mode.
    Go to he Device Manager. Right-click the unknown USB device, select Update Driver Software, then "Let me pick", click "Have disk", Browse to the inf file and install.
    Thanks for the advice Fatlimey, it was much needed
    Last edited by Harlster; 02-18-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Tech Student

im using win 7 and everytime i try to use the updater it says its missing dll file. i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice cant get the bootloader working.Please help

Tech Student

Default willl the midifighter ever work with win 7?

fat limey, is there an update that works for windows 7 available? everyone is getting the same problem with the libusb0.dll file. I dont mind getting technical and fixing your software but after you download the libusb0.dll and put it as sys file and in the updater its still doesnt work. Not only that but none of the drivers will work on either of my computers. I have a desktop with an asus motherboard and a laptop samsung atom. Im not messing with the hardware of the midifighter 200$ is a heavy price to accidentally mess something up. Please email me back asap so I can use the 4 banks mode and actually use my midifighter finally. The midifighter itself will go into checkerboard mode when the 4 corners are down but no drivers are available that work

Tech Mentor

In the 6 hour prosses I have been lead to 4 different ways to flash my midi fighter, and after 6 hours I have tryed....(Below)

Using ATMEL with Windows (I do everything as suggested and when I try to load the HEX file it says "Address Is Out of Range"

Using the "All New" Windows Updater from DJTT Multable times (Curiously, half the time it says "Flash Succsessful" (and it is not) and the other half of the time it says "Failed to Flash" (which unfortunatly is correct)

So then I thought...."Oh i'll try using the MAC updater..."

The only thing I have been able to achieve with the DJTT "all new" Mac Updater, is a message saying "Failed To Find Midi Fighter in Boot Loader Mode"

At no time does Traktor Pro (on my Mac or PC) let me use the MF. The Mac sees it in Traktor Pro, however I cannot program it using midi learn. And my PC simply doesnt see it at all.

So im back to using ATMEL (windows xp) because it seems I get the futhest while trying to update.

In ATMEL I can get as far as loading the HEX file...But when I chose it, it says "Address Is Out OF Range"

WTF does "Address Is Out OF Range" MEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....OK got it.....Seems thru all this.....all I had to do is use the DJTT "all new" Mac updater. I kept running it over and over until it said "Success". It took about 7 trys and VIOLA" it worked.

The lesson I learned here is. Use the most resent Updaters !!!!!!!
    Last edited by thictool; 04-21-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Could anyone help me with my midi fighter ? I've replyed in two threads and NO ONE can help me I have a pc win 7 I just got my midi fighter yesterday and Have no clue what to do , Everytime i try to update is says the dll file is missing or program can't start correctly , everytime i put it in boot mode it doesn't checker like it should just the 4 corners stay lit. I downloaded the hex file but have no idea what to do with it....A little frustrated as of now I have tp2 if that helps or not ..

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyrhythms View Post
    I have a pc win 7 I just got my midi fighter yesterday and Have no clue what to do...
    If you have a new Midifighter it already comes with the latest firmware installed.

Hmm alright then Ill just skip that.. and so if that is updated I'm trying to import the tsi file for the IG mapping and it just comes up as Pro 2 default mapping?

EDIT****

Okay finally I got the IG mapping working but only one deck....and can't seem to get into 4 banks mode because of the "bug" they found in the last midi fighters ... Will a paper clip fit into those reset holes if I don't have any sauder or electrical wire?
    Last edited by shiftyrhythms; 04-24-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: New info

Just like to say that I am running Windows 7 Home edition 64 bit and I'm also having the missing libusb0.dll problem.

I have tried copying the dll's directly into my system 32 folder - both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions - and it still doesn't work.

One thing I did notice was that in your instructions you are referring to the installation being in the \program files\DJTechTools\ folder - but for me it installed to \Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools - I don't know if this sheds any light on the issue?

I tried copying the whole dir to \Program Files\ but that had no effect.

When installing the program initially there wasn't much in the way of dialogue boxes - it pops up asking if I want to install it but once you click next there's nothing else after that. Often with installers you'll have an "installation complete" dialogue box at the end but I did not get this on any of the times I tried installing - that's after re-downloading it several times.

Again, not sure if that will shed any light on it or if the installer is working as intended but I am stumped as to how to fix this problem and would really like my Midi Fighter to be updated!

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Okay so RocketKnight had a look at this for me.

He told me to rename libusb0_x86.dll in the x86 folder to just libusb0.dll then copy that to the \windows\sysWOW64 directory.

Did this and it now runs.

We also copied the .sys file to windows\system32\drivers for good measure, although it still ran before doing this.

RocketKnight is going to make a post now explaining it step by step how to fix this yourself because he is much smarter than I am

See below...
    Last edited by Elbonio; 04-25-2011 at 06:27 AM.

OK so Elbonio was having problems installing the software and drivers, the reason is the libusb-win32 part of the software isn't configured correctly for installing under a 64 bit Windows 7 system.

To get this to work:

1. Install the software using the MSI file as usual.
    2. Open the C:\Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers\x86 directory.
    3. Make a copy of libusb0_x86.dll and rename it to libusb0.dll.
    4. Move the libusb0.dll file into the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory.
    5. Copy the C:\Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers\x86\libusb0.sys file to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.

** Note: It's important you leave the original libusb0_x86.dll in the BootloaderDrivers\x86 folder as when you install the drivers with the Midifighter_DFU_Bootloader.inf, it will reference this file.

OK, you pretty much carry on with the normal setup instructions from here.

6. Hold down the 4 corner buttons on your MidiFighter, then plug in the USB cable. Windows will detect the device.
    7. Go into Device Manager and it will show you the MidiFighter with a slightly different name because it's in a special boot mode. Right-click the device and choose "Update Driver Software", then choose "Browse my Computer for Driver Software".
    8. Browse to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers, it shouldn't make a difference if you tick subfolders or not because the INF file it's looking for is in the top directory.
    9. It should now install the drivers.

Finally:

10. Unplug your midi fighters USB cable.
    11. Run the MFUpdate.exe file or use the desktop shortcut.
    12. Click the "Update Midi Fighter" button. It will now ask you to plug in the midi fighter while holding down the 4 corner buttons, then it will flash the firmware.
    13. RAVE!

I hope that's of some use to the x64 Windows 7 users, Elbonio seems pleased. I hope that clears up the problem for the DJ Tech Tools devs as well, perhaps in future releases they can update the instructions or automate this part of the process for x64 Win 7 users.

Great product though guys, just wish I could afford one!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast