Just bought VMS 4 - a couple of problems..
    Tech Convert

Default Just bought VMS 4 - a couple of problems..

New to these forums, found them while looking for solutions to the problems that I am running into.

The main problem right now is that I can't seem to get a master output anywhere besides my headphones.

I bought the controller with the idea that I could somehow get it to work through the surround sound setup I have on my desktop, however that proved to be pretty unsuccessful. Not to mention the horrible mapping issues I ran into with Virtual DJ Pro.

So right now I'm limited to the extremely proprietary LE version that came with the controller. Although it's complete crap, it actually happens to be mapped perfectly.

So, being that I can't adjust any settings on the LE version, I grabbed my old stereo from my room and hooked up the speakers power to the receiver and plugged their respective RCA cables into the Master Output jacks in the back of the VMS 4.

To my great dismay, when I started playing music, nothing came out of the speakers. I just got sound from my headset.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with getting some sound from my speakers using the Master RCA jacks? I know the speakers work because I was able to play FM and CD's through them.

Could it possibly be the stereo receiver? I figured as long as the speakers are connected to the power, it doesnt matter what mode the receiver is in, because the speakers should be receiving signals from the VMS4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tech Wizard

There's a forum at The virtual DJ site especially dedicated to your controller. The Problems you indicated have been discussed and issues resolved. Under the home page at virtual DJ, scroll down past pc version, mac version, then hardware. I believe the thread is something like 'vms4 discussions'.

Good luck

Bc

Tech Convert

I looked through that entire thread.

I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything that related to my problem.

Perhaps I missed something? Maybe you can give me a link to the post that you saw?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you set the outputs in preferences to the correct ones?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

LE doesn't allow you to adjust anything.