VCI-100, FW 1.2, 2 Decks, Traktor Pro (Scratching, Juggling, Great FX Control) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

thanks Zac, waiting for your post man

Tech Guru

Cayotic- I figured out what the deal is with the deck not playing sometimes after a stop. Because I have cd-jog commands mapped to the outer wheels in order to duplicate the pitch bending feel from T3, if the deck is stopped and you move the outer wheel, the track is actually moving back and forth a bit. This confuses TPro into not knowing where the track is, and it doesn't start on play. Like you mentioned, simply rotating the top of the jog resets this and from there it works fine. The next TPro update (1.0.3) will bring back the pitch bend commands from T3, so hopefully we won't have this glitch once I reprogram the commands.

As for FX selection in the next TSI revision, it's just one hold button that reacts depending on which FX bank you're in. Really simple, I'll explain it with the revision.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Default Version4 of Kyoti tsi posted

Hey everyone. I've made a couple minor revisions to the tsi (reflected in the original post) that I think you'll appreciate.

-The jump to active loop (reloop) button under the loop buttons now auto-activates the loop.
    -The play marker position has been shifted slightly forward.
    -Loading deck A or B automatically focuses to that deck.
    -FX selection method has been changed (taking a cue from ean's latest tsi) and now all slots have access to all FX. Selection of FX when within A or B bank is controlled by holding the top small black effect select button, and rotating the knobs (knob 4 in advanced mode, knobs 1-3 in chained).
    -Added slightly faster scratching.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-21-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

That's an nice update! Now the effect selections is much faster. Is there a possibility for chained effects?
    I can't wait until you'll release a 4 Deck version!

Tech Guru

Yeah, chained FX are built in. Check the hotkeys box on import, then toggle between c (chained) and x (advanced).

If you have your own hotkeys set, add Modifier 4 command with M4=1 set to value 0, add another Modifier 4 with M4=0 set to value 1, pick two new keys you want to use to toggle, add the chained FX command with M4=1 to one key, and add the advanced FX command with M4=0 to the other. You should be set then.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Ohh thank you! I wasn't aware of that funktion. I have just one question left: why are the FX Section knobs ordered in that way they are? Why is the the D/W knob not on the left side of the four?

Tech Guru

Good question - The reason they are mapped that way is only because of the limitations of firmware 1.2. Because the fourth button will always turn on the "effect " buttons in the individual channels, it makes a lot more sense for the button to be on/off, rather than some random fx parameter. The knobs I simply group with the associated buttons because I found that it becomes very confusing very quickly if they don't correspond. This is also the reason why you'll find the same knob will always correspond to the same area on the fx unit. FW 1.3 solves the problem, so as soon as I get a firmware upgrade, I will remap the knobs and buttons to be nice and orderly- 1,2,3,4 left to right.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-22-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Once you get an updated f/w, will you be creating versions for users still stuck with the 1.2 f/w (such as myself)?

Quote Originally Posted by corporation View Post
    Once you get an updated f/w, will you be creating versions for users still stuck with the 1.2 f/w (such as myself)?
    No one is stuck with 1.2 FW, but i don't see myself upgrading anytime soon because after loading this .tsi and modding it a bit for myself i'm near what i'm after.

Zac - I'd request that you at least keep a copy of your last 1.2 .tsi before you upgrade for anyone else that arrives here without a SE or 1.3 VCI. This has been a MASSIVE help to me - it has saved me some serious time remapping from T3 to TPro, and you gave me some new ideas

I understand why there are many 1.3 maps - but to those a lil behind the curve, good 1.2 maps are golddust (sorry if there have been other good ones, i didn't find them yet)

/salute
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Tech Wizard

Hi Zac, nice update man, like it very much

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast