VCI 100 SE Wont Turn On. Laptop Won't Recognize
    Tech Student

Default [Fixed/Resolved/Solution] VCI 100 SE Wont Turn On. Laptop Won't Recognize

Hey Guys,

I just bought a vci-100se and installed the latest 1.4 firmware version, it worked the first time i plugged it in and my laptop read the new device. the power also turned on simply from plugging it in. but now it does neither. I tried plugging in the usb, and the power doesn't turn on, nor does my laptop read the device. My laptops says "Cannot Recognize Device" [device has malfunctioned] or something like that.

Now it even says that when there is absolutely nothing plugged in to any of the usb ports.
    In System Manager it reads "Unknown Device" when there is nothing plugged in to the USB ports.

Any ideas? If you can help me figure a solution to my problem, id greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I'm Running:
    Sony Vaio
    Core 2 Duo 2.27 GHz
    4GB RAM
    64-bit Windows Vista

Please Help!
    Last edited by Cooper33; 12-31-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Tech Student

Default [Fixed/Resolved/Solution]

Hey Guys,

After I spent 4 hours modifying registry files, restarting, downloading “unknown usb path finder” programs, deleting every usb driver. Nothing worked except this link. And now the precious VCI 100 SE works again too. Here's the link:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/comp...#comment-53815

Why was this on the 4th google page result?? It should be the first result.

Hope this helps anyone with future problems. Post and let me know if it does.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So you unplugged the computer and that fixed it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Yeah, shut it down first. Then unplugged it. Waited a couple minutes, turned it back on. That was it. Crazy it worked.