Typhoon and Traktor pro help please.
    Tech Convert

Default Typhoon and Traktor pro help please.

New to the forum, hope I can get a little help. I just got a typhoon and I upgraded to Traktor Pro 1.2.7. My set up is working good, I think, and I have more than the recommended ram and OS. Vista duo core .

I do have a few questions that I can't really find definitive answers to, so this is where you come in.....

1) Crossfader, I have read where I could change it by mapping it differently? Any link to help read up on that? I'd like to optimize it scratch a liittle.

2)There is a TSI midi preset file available on vestax's website. Do I need that? Is that what the controller already had in it?

3)Jog wheel sensitivity. What excatly is it for??

4)Gains and levels... When i load tracks to descks, it seems to reset or not stay the same level. I have to readjust them and its almost like it "catches up" with traktor.. I did notice that there is an option on loading tracks and I have the "reset when loading track" NOT ticked.

Im sure there will be more.. but any help now would get me going on a bedroom mix.. thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nic Nap View Post
    1) Crossfader, I have read where I could change it by mapping it differently? Any link to help read up on that? I'd like to optimize it scratch a liittle.
    I don't believe the Typhoon has a crossfader curve adjustment.

2)There is a TSI midi preset file available on vestax's website. Do I need that? Is that what the controller already had in it?
    There's wasn't one in it, but I believe if you run the setup wizard and select the Typhoon as your controller it'll load that mapping. You're free to map the controller how you want, but that one will give you all the basic controls as mapped.

Here's a couple different mappings you could try. A Google search will find you more.

http://traktorfreaks.com/freaks/mappingview.aspx?id=119
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16878

3)Jog wheel sensitivity. What excatly is it for??
    How sensitive the jogs are to your touch.

4)Gains and levels... When i load tracks to descks, it seems to reset or not stay the same level. I have to readjust them and its almost like it "catches up" with traktor.. I did notice that there is an option on loading tracks and I have the "reset when loading track" NOT ticked.
    You probably have auto gain selected in preferences. That will adjust the gain according to how loud Traktor thinks the track is. The catching up may be soft takeover. That will not move the software controller until the hardware controller matches the location.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thank you for the quick response.

Im confused on the "sinsitivity" part----it controls how "hard" i touch the wheels, or it controls "how fast/slow it rw or ff"

also one other bug i found.. if i switch between a few efx on a track, it seems as though it doesnt trigger the efx everytime. but if i start freash on a loaded track it works fine.

Hey mate, I have a Vestax Spin, and it's almost the same as the Typhoon!

Im confused on the "sinsitivity" part----it controls how "hard" i touch the wheels, or it controls "how fast/slow it rw or ff"
    The sensitivity knob changes the feeling of the platter.

If the sensitivity is high, you don't have to push hard on the platter/jog wheel to respond on traktor.
    If the sensitivity is low, you have to push hard for it to respond.

Do you get it?
    About the FX, can't help you with that.
    JB SYSTEMS T3 | VESTAX SPIN | JB SYSTEMS BEAT 4 USB | DENON DN-HC1000S | BEHRINGER TWEAKALIZER | JB SYSTEMS T3 | AUDIO 4 DJ | TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO | APPLE IMAC 20" | SENNHEISER HD202

DRUM AND BASS IN YOUR FACE

Tech Convert

Thank you for the response.

the funny thing is years ago I would have never thought that I would get rid of my 1200's.. But ilt is so easy to manage around the house etc.... thanks for the input...

Thank you for the response.

the funny thing is years ago I would have never thought that I would get rid of my 1200's.. But ilt is so easy to manage around the house etc.... thanks for the input...
    Hah, I can find myself totally in what you say mate.
    I'm used to vinyl too, and it felt strange to switch over to controllers and DVS
    systems.

But yeah, it's just so easy...
    JB SYSTEMS T3 | VESTAX SPIN | JB SYSTEMS BEAT 4 USB | DENON DN-HC1000S | BEHRINGER TWEAKALIZER | JB SYSTEMS T3 | AUDIO 4 DJ | TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO | APPLE IMAC 20" | SENNHEISER HD202

DRUM AND BASS IN YOUR FACE