Last Night's Debacle...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Last Night's Debacle...

nothing too serious...first time playing out in a long time...and i forgot that everyone wants to be a DJ and knows exactly how to program four hours of music covering 3 decades...

the owner spiffed me an extra hundo for putting up with his wife and her drunk ass friends...

i know realize why i quit doing it...well for those kinds of crowds...this was just a warm up for the equipment (myself included) for something bigger and deep house oriented...

any horror stories from last night anyone?

i was stuck between the younger girls that wanted to hear rap and the older C's that just wanted to hear 80's...jeezzus...i almost hit stop when some C said "can you play some beastie boys?"...i said "i just played hey ladies ONE record ago"..."oh you did?"...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

welcome to my hell!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Omg a was batting off requests all night. Also I spilt beer on my vci (can't blame anyone else I'm afraid). Cue button stopped working and I had to map a button on my lappt keyboard. Left my vci at a mates after party last nights haven't had a chance to see if it has dried out and fixed itself.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Due to a change in plans, I stayed home quite pissed that I wouldn't be out having a fun time with friends. So I played to myself, and managed to cheer myself up completely after building up to a blissful "Big Fun" at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    welcome to my hell!
    dont know how you do it...next time a sign thats says "i dont come to your job and request things of you"
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Haha, as far as requests go, I took my kit over to my friend's place who has finally realized that dubstep can be good music... Set everything up, jamming for some friends, and my buddy just kept on asking when he was gonna hear some Borgore, even though I had played some earlier and was even playing Excision and Datsik (not my favourite kind of dubstep but in low doses it can be good)... then he wanted me to play upbeat stuff AND more Borgore... Felt kinda like a glorified iPod... oh the things you do for friends, if he weren't like a brother to me I wouldn't have put up with it lol.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

haha. MOAR BOARGOAR!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    moar boargoar!
    boaragorar!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    haha. MOAR BOARGOAR!
    I heard those two word too many times I heard that last night....
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

yeah last night was kinda a bitch. showed up to the bar i was playing at expecting to play some classic rock and then switch into newer music (top 40 shit) untill midnight when i was gonna drop a bomb on em. but no one showed and i got harassed by the owners daughter who was drinking at the bar that i wasnt playing "Party music" and thats why no one was tehre.

thank god i upped my rate b/c it was nye and made sure i got really drunk because they closed early and i still got paid. so i guess in the long run it wasnt such a bad night after all cause i get my APC 40 tomm because of that bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast