xone 1d or saving for a actual mixer?

Default xone 1d or saving for a actual mixer?

Just wondering what your guys opinions for using an xone 1d or saving for a xone 32 or 22. i dont scratch just mix.

Can i use the xone 1d and use it to internally mix on traktor pro. Or should i Wait and get an actual mixer like an xone 32 or 22?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

i'd save for a mixer and have enough room to mix comfortably.

xone 1d is an amazing bit of kit but get a mixer first then add a xone 1d to that

is an xone 22 good for a first analog?
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Mentor

especially since you already have midi equipment, a mixer would be more important iyam.

xones tend to color the sound heavily. it's pretty good for a club system but for a home setup, i'd look for something more analytic and clean. that's just personal preference though. nothing wrong with liking the a&h-style sound.

anyway, what's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by itskindahot View Post
    especially since you already have midi equipment, a mixer would be more important iyam.

xones tend to color the sound heavily. it's pretty good for a club system but for a home setup, i'd look for something more analytic and clean. that's just personal preference though. nothing wrong with liking the a&h-style sound.

anyway, what's your budget?
    250-260 right now. maybe in a few months more. THis would be for at clubs and at home

Tech Wizard

Chris you can use the Xone:1D to control traktor but You'll be working hard to map it specifically for your use. The problem is; if you buy the mixer 1st you'll be constantly using your trackpad or mouse to still control Traktor.

If 250 is your budget then I'd try and find an all-in-one controller like a used VCI-100.
    In all honesty I think you should wait and save up for the Xone DX as I seem to think your heart is set on something from A&H. Also they have the Traktor Mapping for it as well even though it comes with ITCH.

I would personally buy the DX if it wasn't for the fact I already had a good A&H mixer which I just didn't want stop using.

a friend of mine uses two x 1D's when he gigs (along with whatever analogue mixer is in the club). Very powerful combination and essentially gives you a Xone:4D... I'd go for it, but only if you can afford two

Tech Wizard

Naturally you need TSP/Audio 8 in order for this solution to work though