[OT] Thinking of Selling/Trading my DJM-700 for A Rane TTM57SL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default [OT] Thinking of Selling/Trading my DJM-700 for A Rane TTM57SL

Thats right, it looks like im ready to switch to the dark side. I got to play on a 57 & Serato Scratch Live this weekend and it fell in love with it. The fader were super smooth, and sounds very crisp. I like that I can map just about anything i need within serato on the mixer.

Setup is easy...1 usb cable, 2 rca's, built in fx's that I actually use, loop roll, echo fade, filter. I dont need 25 fxs! The bridge is finally open and I can really use the mixtape feature...oh and it have Video-SL. Looks like everything that I wanted for Traktor, Serato has added the features.

Heck, I might sell maschine, and the extra Kontrol X1.

Sounds like i drank the kool-aid, but its 2011 and Traktor doesnt look like its met my needs.

Any thoughts guys?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Not knocking this at all. SSL is an amazing piece of software, and I honestly feel like it flows better than Traktor. That being said, it's also a lot more "traditional" in the sense that there isn't quantization for cue jumping and the like.

It's also one of the reasons I've been so wishy-washy on what setup I want for myself, because I love the feature-set of Traktor, but the GUI of Serato. (Seriously, it's a huge portion.)

I would say, if you like it, do it. Nothing wrong with it and I'm pretty sure you'd be quite happy.

I also would like to think Rane makes a better mixer than Pioneer, but that's just me.

Only thing to watch out for would be compatibility issues with the new i5 and i7 processors and serato.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

My thoughts are; what is the Traktor update going to bring?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post

I also would like to think Rane makes a better mixer than Pioneer, but that's just me.

Only thing to watch out for would be compatibility issues with the new i5 and i7 processors and serato.
    Pioneer mixer IMO are more geared toward EDM djs, its really personal prefernce. But I would have to go with Rane after using one.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    My thoughts are; what is the Traktor update going to bring?
    My guess its going to bring the S4 software to TSP and TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Dibs on the Machine.
    Sure thing. Its still in mind condition.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

I am on the same mission. I love Traktor and all, and before Bridge was released I was sure i'd switch upon the announcement of it. However the Bridge worked backwards to what so many expected. At first it really turned me off and I dove into Ms Pinky for a while. After coming back to Traktor, I started to see the beauty in SSL and how it intergrates with the Bridge.

I have been putting off buying an SL37 just because it's USB 1.0. Sure it's been put through it's paces by countless DJ's and not many complaints about it. However NAMM is a couple weeks away and I wanna see what RANE show out with.

If they dont come with a SL37 update, I may go for the SL3 and either an Ecler Nuo2 or a VestaxProBlack. I really wish they would release something like the 68 only 2 channel battle style.

So I am on board for this so called Darkside.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do it. I think you'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Dibs on the Machine.
    Haha, I was going to say the same thing so I guess I'll say dibs on an X1. Don't you have two? Don't really need two with SSL.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Can I have the X1!! pleeez <3
    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    senior citizen's attics, the garbage dump, swamps, underwater treasure chests, graveyards, hollowed out tree stumps, abandoned coal mines.

and of note... it's not really OT :P
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    Can I have the X1!! pleeez <3
    Ill wrestle u for it.

Or if ya Sell the DJM let me know how much so i can try and scrape the money together.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast