Turntable help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turntable help?

Tech Wizard

Default Turntable help?

Looking to get some turntables for scratching, I have the Hercules RMX, but those little tiny wheels are not cutting it, I need something that will work with the RMX as I am playing Mp3's off of my computer using Virtual DJ. If any of you know about some cheap TT's that will work for this please let me know.

direct drive
    and it needs to be strong enough to start moving quickly/ not slow down a lot when you touch it.

the technics 1200 is known for being very good.

i think theres something from stanton that some say are better.

but thats where my advise ends as thats all i know. sorry.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

start with ttxes and then upgrade to technics if u want
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

http://www.thomann.de/gr/american_audio_ttd_2400.htm
    Try these and upgrade them when they will be not enough.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

It's good to learn on turntables that don't have as much torque as the PDx's/1200's, etc... It teaches you to have the soft touch.

People don't realise that when you scratch you don't need to put a lot of force on the record - just the friction created by your finger tips should be enough to keep the record still while the platter continues to spin under it...

That's why people learning to scatch on jog wheels use heavy, jerky movements that sound wack.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It's good to learn on turntables that don't have as much torque as the PDx's/1200's, etc... It teaches you to have the soft touch.

People don't realise that when you scratch you don't need to put a lot of force on the record - just the friction created by your finger tips should be enough to keep the record still while the platter continues to spin under it...

That's why people learning to scatch on jog wheels use heavy, jerky movements that sound wack.

WACK!

Love that sh*t.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Wizard

Was looking at these, since i cant find the TTD 2400's in the US, http://www.topdjgear.com/gettdistarmt.html pretty cheap and in my budget...since I'm just a beginner I don't want anything too fancy.

Dont forget to check out second hand sites aswel. You can find some great deals on them.

Im getting turntables used next week for 100euro!

Tech Mentor

imo
    the ideal set up for me is traktor scratch pro, external mixer, and timecode 2 technics with virtual vynls
    not sure if timecoding is the right term for it. but i'm pretty sure lol

Tech Wizard

Default 1200's

If you have craigslist in your area and an app on your phone or pc that searches craigslist for you constantly and emails or text you instantly when something in your search criteria shows up for sale you can score some 2nd hand Technics for around $200 each or less. I have had my 1200's for 15+ years and they are still going strong they are still the best piece of gear I have ever bought add Traktor Scratch Pro & some Dicers its heaven!!!
    Save you money buy your turntables once if you decide to move you will get your money back no problem. Good Luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast