Just a couple nasty Traktor Pro bugs...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just a couple nasty Traktor Pro bugs...

Traktor Pro has a few nasty bugs to watch out for. I noticed when I press the Windows Key on my Dell that Deck B begins to play from the active cue point if Deck A is the focused deck.

I then Googled the issue to see if anyone else had a similar problem. I found this guy who is rightly very pissed off due to an even nastier variation of the bug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2_AS...eature=related

In the video he shows changing the volume using his computer's volume dial stops playback on both Decks A and B. That's literally a show stopper.

I then found that on my own computer (Dell Latitude D630) changing the volume also starts playback or resets a playing deck back to whatever the active cue point is.

I searched around and found the same guy had posted a solution. It looks like these buttons are triggering any Hot Keys or Midi mappings that are set to NONE. The solution is to delete all NONE entries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mya88x-GDdI
    Last edited by B33SON; 12-14-2008 at 10:39 PM.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Its the first public release of the software, honestly i dont know why everyone gets pissed off so much like the guy in this video. Considering that the whole engine has been recoded and we are only sitting on the first public release there are bound to be bugs. I dont think there has every been a first release of a program thats been coded from the ground up that hasnt been littered with bugs with any software out there- let along something as complicated at Traktor.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 12-15-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Tech Mentor

That's very true Bento, but at the same time for your average consumer, it is fair to think that after paying however much for a program that bugs like this would have been figured out. Two sides to every coin!

Anyway thanks for pointing out this bug!!

Ill like to see someone run T-Pro on a WINDOWS ME laptop!

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Ill like to see someone run T-Pro on a WINDOWS ME laptop!

Wait. What's Windows ME? Jk

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Its the first public release of the software, honestly i dont know why everyone gets pissed off so much like the guy in this video.
    Well, you are 100% correct. There are going to be bugs. That's just the nature of software development. But, I'm surprised that NI hasn't released more patches by now though. They should have scheduled patch releases every two weeks or so and be continually fixing the worst of the bugs.

The time-bomb bug, for example, should have been fixed immediately. You simply cannot have a bug that kills Traktor mid-performance.

When I was using my M-Audio FastTrack Pro and the thing froze Traktor, I went out the very next day and bought the Audio 8 for $350. That's how serious I take bugs that could potentially crash Traktor.

I'm in software development and we talk about bugs using terms like "show-stoppers". Of course, we use this figuratively. Bugs that crash or stop playback in Traktor are literally show-stoppers. They are painful, embarrasing and will ruin your reputation as a DJ and ruins the reputation of ALL DIGITAL DJS. We digital djs have the tools in front of us to perform flawlessly. We can make our mixes sound like mastered CDs and we should because we many things are easier for us. But just like train-wrecking is the the ultimate CD/Vinyl no-no, a crashing laptop/software/soundcard is our ultimate no-no. I think you'll agree that crashing and stopping playback is way worse than train-wrecking. My reputation as a DJ is worth way more to me than Traktor. So I'd rather use another software, CDs or vinyl rather than endanger it. I expect Native Instruments to value its own reputation and to do everything possible to protect mine.

... Sorry this sounds like a rant, but seriously I'm not upset or angry about any of these bugs. I think Native Instruments has done a good job with Traktor Pro and I'm really excited about it.

I'm just trying to explain the impact of the these bugs and how serious the reproductions are. And maybe convey to our community how seriously we should take issues like these because when I f*ck up as a Digital DJ, your reputation is affected.

Honestly, thats not that big of a bug, and there is a fix for it.

On a sidenote, anyone that still is using ME should upgrade, that OS is the worst piece of OS that MS has ever made, even worse than OS/2 by IBM

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    [..]
    On a sidenote, anyone that still is using ME should upgrade, that OS is the worst piece of OS that MS has ever made, even worse than OS/2 by IBM
    That just sent shivers down my spine.... An OS worse than OS/2 Warp? :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    That just sent shivers down my spine.... An OS worse than OS/2 Warp? :eek:
    We should try and come up with a list of Microsoft's shortest lived products. Windows ME has to be somewhere in the top 3 right?

Hey i liked ME when it came out, it was fully of bugs but it worked for what i needed it for. AOL SERVER!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast