So went to the club last Friday...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So went to the club last Friday...

And did not enjoy the experience.

They made my group wait outside for over 30 mins in the line even if I had a VIP pass and a table reserved. It was -20 celsius and for the couple of guys with me, it was fine, but a lot of our chicks where wearing pretty skimpy clothing so they froze.

Some how they managed to fuck up my table reservation and give the booth to some one else, good thing they did not charge me for it.

DJ seemed to have ADD, he spun a song for less then one min before switching it out for something else, so it was impossible to get into a groove and by that time coupled with waiting out in the cold sobered me compleatly up. He did not read the crowd and was not playing what he was supposed to that night (electro, only reason I chose to go there). Other then that he stared at his laptop the WHOLE time and did not employ many other technics to mix his songs other then just a simple rapid cross fade. May be the way he DJ's, but it got boring real quick.

All in all, I left after less then an hour to go chill with my party and headed back at some-ones apartment. Things where much better after once I got back to my GF's apartment...

Big important lesson learned on my part on running a night scene properly and how much the small things prevent one from having a LOT of fun. Its kinda sad that that club was the local hang out of my friends in Montreal, and they are known there and yet we got treated with bad service.
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Tech Mentor

Name of the club?

Le Main

It was my first time there, so I don't want to judge the place too harshly, I hope it was only a one time problem there, as it had a good set up and a nice ambiance, and it is only a 5 min walk away from the apartment.
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

I went to a club on saturday night, it was free drinks till 10 n they were playing electro house. The line was huge, but it seemed to move pretty fast. Every man and his dog was at the club and it was sooooo packed. Obviously because it was a special night you had a buntch of these posers turn up who would never usually turn up to the club in a pink fit - reminded me to never goto big nights like that ever again

Keep trying though ! there are good places out there and just because one night wasnt very good there doesnt mean that they are all going to be bad there. I know i will return to this club i went to, even if that night wasnt all that fantastic on that night.

Tech Mentor

Alright man that phenomena is going all over these clubs. Everything you mentioned with the dj I have seen all around. I want to know, who told them that was acceptable because I really dont see a lot of skills been employed. This style thats going around, I dont like it, I want to know how it started. Anybody any ideas?
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luv2xra View Post
    Alright man that phenomena is going all over these clubs. Everything you mentioned with the dj I have seen all around. I want to know, who told them that was acceptable because I really dont see a lot of skills been employed. This style thats going around, I dont like it, I want to know how it started. Anybody any ideas?
    Yall should be glad you did not hear Jeff Mills in his golden age then, 30 seconds per track!

i pretty much only go to one club and only on a friday night for my trance fix.

It's always sublime. never packed and never have to wait for a cab on friday nights. So glad the majority of the population doesn't like trance and is too fucked to go out on a friday night.

I had a situation on friday at local spot where Im a house dj. Some promoters did an event in the main room and the owners wanted to play in the upstair patio. The problem was that the promoters didnt want me stealing the show from the main room, being that alot of people that came were here to listen the headliner "dj" in the main room at midnight to 2am. To make a long story short, we had more people in the patio than in the main room. The promoters & the dj werent to happy with me. Words were exchanged, but they were out numbered 4:1, and I politely told them to kiss my ass, just cuz you have a "BIG" dj doesnt mean your one of the greatest dj in l.a. and some of the best dj's only get to play there sets in the bedrooms. I probably burned myself with alot of promters that night, oh well. Its all in the love of music
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I had a situation on friday at local spot where Im a house dj. Some promoters did an event in the main room and the owners wanted to play in the upstair patio. The problem was that the promoters didnt want me stealing the show from the main room, being that alot of people that came were here to listen the headliner "dj" in the main room at midnight to 2am. To make a long story short, we had more people in the patio than in the main room. The promoters & the dj werent to happy with me. Words were exchanged, but they were out numbered 4:1, and I politely told them to kiss my ass, just cuz you have a "BIG" dj doesnt mean your one of the greatest dj in l.a. and some of the best dj's only get to play there sets in the bedrooms. I probably burned myself with alot of promters that night, oh well. Its all in the love of music
    fuck em man, smash the tunes!
    i could have a regular club gig except i use a laptop and they dont allow that, they can suck my balls

Must have been a weird weekend for us all. I went to a club after my gf's Christmas party and we were smashed. The DJ had been mixing nothing but top 40 all night. Probably just the kind of club, but it annoyed the hell out of my gf. She, who watches me DJ and listens to me talk about it all the time, went up to the booth to request a song. I guess the guy had no controller, no CDJs, no TT. Now I understand why there was dead silence over and over through the night.

While she was up there for 5-10mins I guess she got pissed at him because she kept asking for Bloody Beetroots and the guy was confused. So she made him mad by telling him he had no skills and what not. Then we left. Fun.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast