Deck A always becomes master deck....help please

Default Deck A always becomes master deck....help please

Hi, I"m new to using Timecode control, but for some odd reason, traktor is obessed with making my Deck A the master deck. I will load a song into A, play then sync deck B, and play deck B at which time it becomes the master, then when I stop deck A and load in a new song in deck A and start it, it becomes master I tried to just restart from the beginning of the playback track see if that would work, but to no avail. Oddly the auto master deck was working fine the other day.

it's my understanding the playing song should remain the master deck until the previous master deck song finishes.

is there something I should change in the settings?

btw i'm using a pair of CDJ-850s.

cheers,
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

yo, i dont know too much about time code and whatnot, but why dont you just manually set the master after you bring the track in using your X1? i do that when i get a build up (typically a buzz sound build up (SHM - 0ne -> for example) and ill switch the master to teh other track as im syncing and using effects on the buildup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you are syncing 2 decks using cdj850 via timecode?

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    yo, i dont know too much about time code and whatnot, but why dont you just manually set the master after you bring the track in using your X1? i do that when i get a build up (typically a buzz sound build up (SHM - 0ne -> for example) and ill switch the master to teh other track as im syncing and using effects on the buildup.
    true, yea I know I can do this, but I was sort of hoping for it to work like it works with Midi.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    you are syncing 2 decks using cdj850 via timecode?
    well when i'm syncing two house songs with the same BPM don't see why not to use sync really, saves time for something that can be done easily anyway. but yes i'm would be using it to sync two decks using cdj 850, not always but for a few songs here and there.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

<thinking out loud>
    clean the t/c discs? maybe a small break in the signal that caused the switch?
    </thinking out loud>

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud