[OT] Help californian's stop the anti-rave law
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default [OT] Help californian's stop the anti-rave law

Normally I very very very against posting anything like this here. But I think this directly effects a lot of us here on DJTT.

http://humanrights.change.org/petiti...es_act_of_2011

if this isnt cool though please delete it mods. i just thought it was kind of appropriate given the readership here
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

will that bill go through do you think? sounds like some (more) fascist bullshit to me mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

dude.... here... anything politically stupid can happen. its what we do best <.<
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

first happy meals, now raves.

sounds like a catalyst for...

ILLEGAL CHEESEBURGER PARTIES...
    an entirely new counterculture centered around dangerous over-consumption of mcnuggets to the beat of repetitive techno beats in abandoned crack houses.

Tech Guru

everyone gets a toy, but not everyone gets to leave...

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    everyone gets a toy, but not everyone gets to leave...

lolz. yeah this shit lately is fucking stupid. the politicians think that they can control every part of someones life, and most people in this country are gonna let them because theyre apathetic. first with too many retarded new jersey college freshmen spiking their four lokos with vodka (and having 4 at a time) and now dumb 16 yr olds ODing at massives/raves/edm shows and getting it taken away for the rest of us.

dont ban shit just cause some people are retarded. just regulate it so the dumbasses who dont make good decisions arent allowed to have fun.

not to mention i work at a YMCA part time and i almost got fired for drinking a gatorade (the kind my diabetic brother INHALES because its the only drink that wont mess with his blood sugar) in front of kids who come into school/the y after school with 2 lunchables, a 2 liter coke and a bunch of twinkies and havnt seen the light of day or fresh air in 2 yrs cause theyre addicted to their xboxes. because gatorade isnt promoting healthy eating habits. fucking nonsense IMO.
    Last edited by Nesquigs; 01-06-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Guru

“(a) Any person who conducts a public event at night that includes prerecorded music and lasts more than three and one-half hours is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) or twice the actual or estimated gross receipts for the event, whichever is greater.”

Just curious, what counts as "prerecorded music"?
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    Normally I very very very against posting anything like this here. But I think this directly effects a lot of us here on DJTT.

http://humanrights.change.org/petiti...es_act_of_2011

if this isnt cool though please delete it mods. i just thought it was kind of appropriate given the readership here
    OMG this just makes me Effing Sick:

By creating a new crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated
    local program.

By creating a NEW CRIME???? since when did goverment one created by the people and for the people have the right to create NEW CRIMES out of thin air.

Also, I thought there was a federal law already inplace for this? The rave act which was attached as a rider by that asshole Joe biden, in 2005 to the amber alert bill.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Tech Mentor

Wow this just makes me sick...

First off it is a huge human rights violation to prevent people from holding a "public event at night that includes prerecorded music and lasts more than three and one-half hours"

What constitutes a public event, the fact that this is not defined anywhere in the act means this can cover almost anything. A crime has to be specific public event is not.

As mentioned above what constitutes pre recorded music? This was not covered in the act and therefore could cover any number of things.

I also like how they said that night is between sun set and sun rise. This means that the hours this law would be in effect would vary from day to day as the days get longer and shorter.

I hope this does not get enacted...

end of my rant

If this act gets passed, events need to start at 2030 and end by 0200? To be within 3 1/2 limit. I dont see this passing. If it does, they will take it up to higher courts
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast