Business Cards

Thread: Business Cards

Default Business Cards

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
    Ive been thinking about getting myself some business cards printed, y'know, with like 'DJ Captcha; Excellent brilliant DJ that you should definitely hire' written on it.. and also contact details.

It's just ive been in so many situations recently, meeting promoters randomly and stuff, and i've just wished i could bring out a sexy ass business card to impress the shit out of them.

I've made myself quite a nice little logo;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone else use business cards? Thought about it?

Ah shit, I just realised I posted this in completely the wrong section, could a mod help me out here???

I'd change the color of the CAPTCHA or maybe add a shadow or something. Otherwise the A gets lost in the background. Would you print this double-sided with contact info on the back?
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

personally i think being a dj and having a business card is pretty damn corny....but i suppose it depends on the scene your in tbh. If your a wedding dj or whatever then yeah.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    personally i think being a dj and having a business card is pretty damn corny....but i suppose it depends on the scene your in tbh. If your a wedding dj or whatever then yeah.
    Most djs/producers i've ran into have business cards with emails, facebook and soundcloud details on them, i think they're a brilliant idea - i can't count the amount of times i've been chinwagging with somebody in the business and done the usual "I'll take your number man", then 6 months later wonder who/what that number is for because i was wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Most djs/producers i've ran into have business cards with emails, facebook and soundcloud details on them, i think they're a brilliant idea - i can't count the amount of times i've been chinwagging with somebody in the business and done the usual "I'll take your number man", then 6 months later wonder who/what that number is for because i was wasted.
    +1, me too!
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

Banned

I am starting a business card business and i need to know the cost for one unit, if your a business owner please tell me how much you spend on cards and how many do you buy for that price.

^good idea, you'll save a fortune on business cards for your business card business in the long run!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Not sure why this got bumped but I'd like to chime in here...

This tells me that you aren't serious about DJ'ing, which is totally fine. I personally am serious about DJ'ing and I use my craft to earn supplemental income. I will always have business cards ready and I usually give out about 5-20 per gig. That's just me though.

The only alternative to a business card is tearing a page out of your notebook and scribbling your info. What looks better--business card or hand-written contact info?

How about we do a few pros and cons to having business cards?

Pros:
    The look of a professional
    The perception of being serious about your craft
    The ability to quickly give your contact info to somebody without looking away from your decks
    The potential to get your name out there much more easily (i.e. giving somebody 10-15 cards when they ask for one...increase the likelihood that they pass them onto other people)

Cons:
    Cost of time to create, cost of money to print (but still not invasive)

Still think they're corny?

If you print them at overnightprints.com you can get a shitload for dirt cheap. You have to design your own though. Other sites like tinyprints and vistaprint let you design from a template.

Wow, old thread of mine.

But since it's been bumped; I totally went and got 500 printed up for like £30 and they've deffo been worth it. They are pretty snazzy and cool so they don't look too corny and alot of promoters and bar managers at the less hipster places really appreciate the bit of credibility/ professionalism it gives you.

Just from my experience and stuff. But yeah they've deffo helped me get some gigs.