Can you help explain FX buttons???
    Tech Convert

Default Can you help explain FX buttons???

I use Traktor pro with a vestax typhoon controller. I have the mode set on ext. mixer.

The funky thing is is when I use the button on the typhoon for (lets say FX1), it toggles the 1 and 2 fx button next to the track on the side of the mixer...

Sometimes i have to choose the 1 or 2 fx button first then hit the fx button on the controller...

How do those buttons work generally.. Im sure its simple, but it seems like there is no rhyme or reason on how the toggles click on or off on traktor.

thanks in adv...

the small 1 and 2 assign the decks to the FX units..
    read the manual
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

(above) so informative.. I never thought about reading the manual...:/

the issue is they "toggle" on and off intermittenly when I use the fx buttons on the controller..

Tech Mentor

If you keep pressing the button does it stay on? if so check the mapping, they should be set to toggle and not to hold.

Tech Guru

Check your mapping try to see if the MIDI command is properly set to the control action

Or it can be a problem on your unit, maybe your button is with some malfunction...
    On the Top of Traktor Main screen you will see the word "MIDI", it's grey or it's blue all the time?

When your FX Slot button on traktor blinks by itself, the MIDI blinks in blue too? or it stays grey all the time?

If the MIDI is blue, means that your unit is sending MIDI signals to traktor, and if it happens without you touch the controller means that your unit is not OK.