Singledeck Arduino - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The controllers are primarily Joostiisme's design, adapted to fit into the kind of casing that I work with.
    The center mixer is my own design, inspired by the center console on the kontrol S4 and a mockup done by Tekki.

The combo? I dunno, pioneer? The earliest dj's?
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Probably one controller per deck, as that would make the most sense, usb wise.
    But I probaby could, using some muxers and shift-registers

i can make those, just gimme the boxes knobs buttonpads n faders !!

I am thinking about working on a similar project but I am using a Netduino brain instead of a Arduino one... (I can program in .NET so the learning curve is a lot less steeper with a Netduino.)

Anyway, I found this encoder part at sparkfun which may help you build a good jog wheel:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9208

I too, would love to see how the jog wheel portions are constructed if you do them from scratch considering my electronic circuit knowledge is very limited...

Good luck!

Hey.

I'm doing a few test runs of the jog-wheel assembly next week, when I've got a fairly working model, I'll post up the plans.

Thanks for the interest

Hey - how has this turned out??

I've been doing quiteee a bit of research and lurking, and this is the kind of project im looking towards doing. Im an industrial design (product design) student, and want to do this kind of project over the summer. if you have more info/links on this kind of DIY project please send a PM

Looks awesome! Assuming this would be used for Traktor, you may be interested in including an LCD display, I have managed to get artist, track name and time to display on an LCD coupled up to an Arduino using the MIDI data traktor sends out to display this info on the Denon HC4500. The how-to is in this thread
    ...dreams in binary

Thanks, I appreciate it

I have no plans on including an LCD screen on the "deck" controller (There simply isn't room for it!). But I have been looking putting a pair of screens on more mixer oriented controller that I have been drawing.

There's a reason I haven't been putting more time into this than I should have, but I'll post more on that later

@Ken. Sorry for the late reply, your reply must've caught my while I was away from net access for a while. I'm afraid I don't have too much solid linkage of the kind you're looking for. There are a fair few projects out there like mine, however.
    One of the most incredible ones (which I am also quite taken aback by), is this one. He managed to build a very working jog wheel from scratch, and executed it quite well.

any news on the jog wheel construction? thinkin about building something but not really much idea on... how yet ;]
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast