internal mixer on Traktor Scratch Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default internal mixer on Traktor Scratch Pro

ever notice that you find yourself constantly adjusting the knobs and you still end up with low covering up the high and if you turn the low down you dont get as much bass as you want?

I do. lol. i'm constantly playing with the eq and i still cant get it to sound good lol

what internal mixer do you guys use?
    i've noticed a lot of differences in them. but i just find myself using the classic since its what i'm so used to, and i enjoy the filter for buildups, i cant really do it with the other ones, not used to it at all lol

so, the topic of this thread is
    What internal Mixer do you use and any tips or tricks to eq'ing with traktor
    oh, and post what genre you play. because theres a pretty big difference in how you eq with different genres. for instance house compared to dubstep lol

p600 or xone usually. thats when i'm recording. for parties etc i use a real mixer
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i use the default one because i dont have the patients to go through them

anyway, i always thought you shouldn't go past 1 o clock, or back past 11. or just have the band killed.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

pretty much mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

but, i think ill give the xone one a shot. i have 2 extra knobs (they were filter knobs, but those are useless to me) so i have them off and i have the left one lik \ and the right one like /

so it looks like \ /

like my controllet has BA eyebrows or something.

im an idiot. but yeah. i might give the xone one a try
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

you can map mid lo and mid high to one knob then you only need to bring it back to 11.30 for most tunes

bass sweet spot with the xone eq - about -80%
    bass sweet spot with the p600 eq - about -60%

basically with the xone eq the bass starts coming in as soon as you touch the knob. personally i like the 600 eq as i can get a smoother bass transtion with the style of tunes i play (prog, trance) and longer transitions.

Tech Mentor

yeah i like the xone but i'm using a m-audio O2 25 key mini keyboard so i only have 8 knobs.
    filter, high, mid, low lol

Tech Mentor

Definitely the xone and if your short of knobs use a modifier with your keyboard or interface

Tech Mentor

i think something i should learn to start doing is to turn down. i'm always increasing and rarely decreasing unless theres like a really high pitch sound and it hurts haha
    except for the low. i never put it over like 15% cos it blocks everything. but it also could be my speakers, with speakers at a venue it might be better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast