how to make your knobs smart

Default how to make your knobs smart

sorry if this topic has been brought up before, did a search but it didn't come up with any results.

i was getting inspired by eans todays post but i really don't have the slightest idea how to get smart knobs!

already downloaded midi pipe, but my knowledge of midi is so small that it gave me no idea... i don't even know if midipipe is the way to go

so my question is:
    how can i teach my knobs so they get smarter? (i really got dumb knobs )
    e.g. i want a knob that controls the filter (in tpro) and i want to add a gater and a beatmasher when filtering so only the highs stay and i want a reverb when i filter so that only the lows stay... how can i accomplish that?

how can i specify when i use my knob that when the midi value hits 10 then some fx kick in? how do i teach them to manipulate the dry/wet of the fx from midi value 0 to 63 (meaning that 0 is 0% and 63 is 100%, after that it should stay at 100%) and at 64 a reverb kicks in, at 75 the reverb is over and some echo kicks in and at 100 the echo is over and gater/beatmasher kicks in?

i really love this community, the last 2 month (since i switched to digital) i learned so much it would normally have taken a year to learn all that stuff

and i would love to leverage my mix, create some smart knobs and push this digital thing even further!

thanks in advance to all you helpful digijays out there!

right, i'm sorry for my post above - i searched the blog today and found exactly what i needed...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/07/1...-a-crossfader/
    the entry about midipipe

but i would need a little bit of advice:
    just starting with midipipe, and it's a bit hard to understand...

what i did so far:
    i duplicated a midi message and managed to split the messages up, so one goes from 0 to 63 and one from 64 to 127.
    now i want to extend the values both from 0 to 127 - what i accomplished with that is that one half of the knob controls a different message than the other half of the knob.

could anybody give me some advice?