Is your personal info safe?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is your personal info safe?

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, address and home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself.

Just thought I'd post this here because I think this is REALLY F'ed up. They had tons of my personal info up there and that's NOT cool.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

This is messed. I'm Canadian, but it lists personal info about all my american friends. How is that legal?

found my parents, but not me. but im not legal yet
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

This is fucking creepy. There are arial photos of places I used to live, old phone numbers, blogs, just a bunch of personal stuff I'd rather not be out there. There was something on the Spokeo site that claimed you could find hidden pictures of people who are in your email address book. I tried deleting myself using the privacy settings, but I just keep getting an error saying it cant find the URL. Bullshit!

Make sure once you find yourself(the little window with info in the middle of the screen), copy that url and paste it, maybe you hav e different "email addy". try an old one. Even after I removed myself. You can still find personal info through a phone number or address. It's freaking crazy!!!! I'm really pissed and trying to figure out how to contact everyone I've found info on.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

There is also pipl.com and isearch.com
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Mentor

and this is a site available to the public

makes you wonder what sort of database the government have on us all.

surely thats infringement of something?

god thats crazy i looked up some of my friends and all there stuff is there, hopefully this kind of stuff never comes to australia

Quote Originally Posted by DJMilk3y View Post
    god thats crazy i looked up some of my friends and all there stuff is there, hopefully this kind of stuff never comes to australia
    +1

there are too many rules in australia for this to happen i think

i cant belive im saying this but i am glad we have rules

Tech Mentor

only in America...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast