Best latency settings for Traktor Pro vci100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Best latency settings for Traktor Pro vci100

Hi there,

what are the recomended latency settings people are finding works best with a VCI100 and Audio 2 DJ before any pops and crackles happen?

is it better 1ms usb or 2ms usb/

Also has anyone had problems with traktor pro 1.2.7 crashing whilst loading up a WMA file?

Tech Mentor

if its not popping then leave it. u may be able to increase it tho. I run a numark dj i/o andand have the latency at 5.5ms
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Tech Guru

The latency is less about the controller and soundcard, and more about the computer. Most modern dual core laptops with at least GB's of RAM will handle <10ms. Exactly how low the latency will get requires some experimentation. Some of the bleeding edge computers are getting into the <3ms range....and that's pretty darn impressive.

On the other end of the spectrum....my original DJ computer is a 7 year old 1.6GHz P4 with 512MB of RAM. I ran with 40ms latency. Any less, and it would very occasionally drop the audio (once every 3 or 4 gigs). After a RAM upgrade to 1GB, I was able to lower the latency to 25ms....but I was also *brutal* in killing off non-essential processes. Needless to say, this would not make a good laptop to hook to a MIDI controller. But for keyboard & mouse DJing I still get a lot of use out of this setup. (Oh, and I'm not running Traktor on this...I use BPM Studio, which has a *very* small footprint when running.)

ive just got a macbook pro, and i can set the latency right down to 1ms using my vci-100 without any problems whatsoever
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

My 2009 MBP can normally run at 1ms on the Audio 8 without problems.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

i get 1ms on my quad core pc and an audio4
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

I DJ'd on Saturday night with the new 1.2.7 and Traktor crashed twice! Both times when loading a track into a deck. The first time it just required Traktor to be rebooted. The 2nd time, it wouldn't let me close and reopen Traktor. Kept saying 'another process is already running'. I had to reboot my laptop and wait, with a dancefloor full of people whistling and jeering! Good fun, naaaat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Moo View Post
    I DJ'd on Saturday night with the new 1.2.7 and Traktor crashed twice! Both times when loading a track into a deck. The first time it just required Traktor to be rebooted. The 2nd time, it wouldn't let me close and reopen Traktor. Kept saying 'another process is already running'. I had to reboot my laptop and wait, with a dancefloor full of people whistling and jeering! Good fun, naaaat.
    Ouch!!

What kind of laptop Mac or PC?

Thanks.

Tech Student

My problem I'm having is that I have read the forum DJTT & N.I.'s & am still having problems with Delay. I predominately play Funk, breaks & am a Turntablist. Scratching Is nearly impossible. And when I back cue, the wave form is jumping around all over. And I'm not even using my Snd Card. While I'm waiting on my firmware device to upgrade I still figured the controller to be able to, at the least, be able to do this. It must be a problem on my part, because I cant imagine the controller performing this poorly...?
    Any Suggestions would be most appreciated.

My apologies in Advance if this is not the correct place for this post..

Vci-100 v.1.2
    MacBook (Intel)/ 1G Ram
    Numark I/O

Tech Wizard

@Goldbar3: You need more RAM.
    Last edited by DJ NiteFlite; 01-30-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    Wanted: Traktor Kontrol Z2

Current: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Numark 5000 FX, Technics 1200 M3D, Technics 1200 MK2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Peavey XR 684, (2) MTX TP1200, Sony MDR-V700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast