VCI-100 Arcade Jog Wheel Issue
    Tech Wizard

Thumbs down VCI-100 Arcade Jog Wheel Issue

So I've had my controller for about a year... I clean it out regularly and have never dropped it etc. This past weekend I played out for 2 days in a row and it worked wonderfully... even yesterday when I fired it up to do some mixing practice it worked fine.

However, as of using it tonight... the jog wheels have stopped responding to my touch. It acts as if it is in a permanent "tempo bend" mode (like I am touching the outside edges) even when I activate FX.

I'm slow to update things because, quite frankly.. I usually don't have time and don't trust most updates. I am running a customized, watered-down version of Vista SP 2 with tsi for 1.24. My firmware is 1.3 I believe (I haven't updated it) and also still running Traktor 1.24

This is really, really fucking annoying seeing as how I use the FX all the damn time. If you need more info let me know.

Edit: Forgot to mention... I've also rebooted the machine serveral times, power cycled all components several times, and imported the original tsi 5 times. Please avoid giving me a general bullshit tech support answer..

Perhaps you can try doing this: http://youtu.be/qYy58SqFv9g
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Tech Wizard

To be honest mate... I'd really rather not take all of that apart. I've done some basic electronic maintenance before but I'm not really too great with it and I don't see that video helping me. It just doesn't seem to be an issue with tightness of the wheel itself or the optical sensor (not sure what role that plays in the whole process but I could be wrong).

If you really think this might fix the issue I will try it tomorrow in the daytime (so I don't lose shit) but I'd rather not.

The odd thing is (and this is after playing with it for a while) is that it seems to work completely, 100% normally every once in a while when the cpu starts up. I get the red light to flash upon touch and everything.. but then once I log in (yes even log in) it stops working.. and it does not work in traktor.

I've re-downloaded and loaded all the older tsi files and tried it.. and none of them work. It's also worth mentioning that I have 2 partitions of my hard drive and I've tested it on both... so I know it's not an OS issue.

Tech Wizard

Here's another interesting tid-bit after playing around longer:

I adjusted my touch sensitivity to each wheel individually and loosened the top screws individually... and now both seem to work. However...

My current adapter (I left my usual one at my last gig by accident and have yet to go back to get it... will do tomorrow) has a very small ground loop problem. Now I used this adapter yesterday without problem... but I've noticed that when unplugging it the issue is resolved. When the adapter is plugged in (even with the sensitivity change) there are still issues.

I feel like this is only a temporary fix.. so please keep the ideas coming. I'm also worried about vibrations setting off my new heightened touch sensitivity. It is also worth noting that I have tried resetting the sensitivity and unplugging the adapter... the issue still persists at that point.

Technology is so fucking odd.

Tech Wizard

i had the same problem, the way i solved it is to reinstall the mapping i was using, although when i was doing it it was still changing colour around the outside showing the actual device was responding and it was possibly the software, reinstall the mapping and bam! it worked, then after a while the same thing happened so i did it again, worked again, its started playing up again so i might have to do it again soon!

Tech Wizard

I've re-imported the .tsi (mapping file) numerous times (even rebooted as well) and with numerous different files... but thanks for the idea.

I guess I'll have to play around with the jog wheel itself and take it apart.. though I really do not want to. That seems to be the only real option at this point...