So what size laptop do you use?

View Poll Results: What size laptop do you use?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13"

17 44.74%
  • 15"

12 31.58%
  • 17"

3 7.89%
  • Netbook (or smaller than 13")

3 7.89%
  • MONSTER (larger than 17")

3 7.89%
  • Desktop with a stand-alone monitor

2 5.26%
  • None. I use an abacus and rusty nails.

1 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So what size laptop do you use?

Well, the question is in the title. I know people beat to death about what KIND of computer they use, but sometimes some of the other specs are useful. Would love to see the poll results for this. (I'm currently a desktop user myself, but planning on getting a laptop for work/school in a short bit... and music ).
    Last edited by Bassline Brine; 01-10-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

macbook 13 and macbook pro 13

15 inches. I used to work with a 17 inch for watching movies, but after switching makers, I switched sizes, and I'm happy.
    Stanton t.52, Staton t.62, Stanton m.212 mixer, Akai MPD24, Akai MPK25, TSP, MIDI Fighter

I have a 13' macbook pro, and i love it. its just the base model, but if it has basically been everything i coulda wanted outta a laptop. compared to the dell inspiron i had 4 yrs ago, its a dream. but other than the looks and feel of it, the only real plus over a PC or windows laptop i feel is OS X. it flows better than windows, things are more intuitive, and it, well basically just works when you want it to (sometimes i felt like windows had a mind of its own). ive had significantly less computer related headaches using my mac than i did in all the years i had a PC.

If/when i get around to it, i plan on doing this to extend the life of my macbook by taking some of the everyday stresses on it.

http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to...ght-easy-steps

even though it wouldnt be EXACTLY the same as the feel youd get from a macbook pro (because of the aestetics and whatnot).... its damn close if you do it right. Im thinking about taking my old PC and putting in a new harddrive and max amounts of ram as a production/workhorse desktop and use the MBP for the road/hanging around/work and whatnot. for under what youd pay for a MBP, you could make something real nice. You could probably do it on a laptop too. So if you dont want to pay extra to buy a MBP you could theoreitcally take the best thing from apple, OS X and install it on basically any kinda machine you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

13" mbp plugged to a 22" display for studio work

18.4" screen, here.

The first thing everybody says when they see my laptop is "God damn, that's a fucking big laptop." It's my only comp though. Games, schoolwork, movies, music, DJing, everything, so it needs to be adequate.
    traktor pro
    numark total control
    numark djiosennheiser hd 205
    toshiba qosmio x505-q885
    windows 7 home premium 64-bit

Currently use a MacBook Pro 13" that I picked up 3 months ago, but now my Mom needs a computer so i'm giving it to her and i'm stuck deciding if I should pick up the 15" MacBook Pro with the i7, or the 27" Quad-Core i7 iMac!

The 13" MacBook Pro handles like a dream, and I am never buying another PC after this MacBook (it's my first one - however not the first one in the family, my brother has one).

Tech Guru

I use a 14" umm.. i cant play?
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

15.6 and 16"... can't either

16.6" widescreen. Used to plug into a 22" lcd as well but had to sell that to pay for dj gear haha. Couldn't see myself squinting looking at a 13" personally, but hey, i'm old
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast